• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

slippery fishouse floor.

Question

Has anyone had a problem with there clam fishouse floor being slippery. I have a new clam fishouse model 6800 and I'm trying to find a way to cure this problem . Is there a spray product or tape of some kind that maybe someone else has tried . thanks Brad

10 answers to this question

Carpet can be trouble. You'll get water splashed on it and it'll freeze as slick as any ice rink. And it'll be harder to clean out your house floor than if you left it bare. The no-slip adhesive strips are a better idea. They're designed for floors and stairways and should stay on after freezings and thawings. Of course, you get enough water on any floor and it'll freeze slick.

i just carpeted my clam sleeper and i just bought with remnents from mendards and it is awesome. just use a box cutter and not will it only help with noise and slipping issue i thought it helped with keeping the house warm. best way to go!!!!

What about the spray in bed liners for pickups. I did this to my duck baot and it worked pretty good.
Carpet will help the keep it a bit warmer and quieter though.

Ifalls,
Speaking of paper mill stuff, have you ever used Uhle Box strips from the wet felts for runners? I have them on my permanent and they are slicker than cat snot on a door knob. They are basically 2 1/2" wide UHMW strips in the following shape:

___ ___
| | | |
| | | |
| ------- |
\_________/

(Arghhh, just imagine a U shape!)

With just a little triming, a 2X6 slides right into it. I move my 6X10 on the blacktop by hand with these!

------------------
Wables

[This message has been edited by Wables (edited 12-09-2002).]

Wabels,
yup, I am in the process of getting another one this week. They last forever and like you said are slicker than anything.

I am building a sled for my clam so we can pull it behind a machine and that is what we will use for runners.

later,
Brent