• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS Results - Mississippi (Anoka)

Event 5 - Mississippi River (Anoka)

Lots of nice fish came in on this event and nobody seemed to have any problems with the shallow water and rocks. Congrats to everyone for some real nice fish and the Bald & Beautiful, Chris & Andy, and Bob-N-Stovetop for placing in the money.
Miss_Anoka.jpg
FINAL%20STANDINGS_Reduced.jpg
Results are up on the HSOforum now as well...

Thanks to Catch'N Tackle and T.J.'s Tackle for some great tackle pack prizes. And, thanks Matt for the great food!

http://www.catch-n.com
http://www.TJtackle.com

See everyone at Waconia in 2 weeks!

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 08-30-2004).]

Yep, it was another fine day on the water ,or should I say in the water.Besides falling in because of my partners driving ability, the day ended up pretty good.I don't know about the other teams, but we couldn't get any quality fishon any bait except senkos.

Thanks to Matt and his parents for the bbq

Congrats to the top 3!! I really felt bad having to call it a day at 1:30, but I was sicker than a dog. Guess we finished well considering.

P.S. I have all the signs and symptoms of Salmonella poisening, possibly from 2 days of messing with raw chicken livers.

------------------
Brian Rogers

Iceleaders
JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait

[email protected]

A lot of hits and misses on cats, probably mostly small fish but still frustrating. Atleast we landed one (4.9 pounder), which helped a lot smile.gif Dan and his dad got into some big cats...a 7 and an 8pounder? (Dan, are those about right?) Brian managed a pike and a smallie while we fished the bridge as well.

It was nice to have some extra time to sit down and talk with some of you at my parents house for the BBQ too.

See everyone at Waconia!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Brian - sorry to hear that and I sure hope you find you don't have salmonella... I never even thought about that with chicken liver... I hope you get better soon.

Lance - grin.gif I'm still laughing about that... I'm sure Dennis/John will give you **** about that forever.

Matt - yea we had that 7.9 for our one allowed over 24" and another that had to go back that was 7.2 lbs. Catfish sure do put up a fight in that current!

"My driving ability".......

The motor was off when you went in buddy!!

When you throw a 50 pound anchor into boulders in a 10+ mph current......you better be expecting a little jolt when the rope tightens up. grin.gif

Dennis tells me that there is one more dent in the RiverPro from Lance and I's trip up river. Lance and I owe him a few for the priveledge of using that thing. What a great boat for river fishing.

Unfortunately, the only fish we weighed in from up river was that dink 14" walleye. We had a great bag of smallies. We got two fish in the first 5 minutes of the tournament off a boulder on the shoreline just barely up from the bridge. One was 18 inches and the other was probably around 14 or 15.

Lance and I were pretty frustrated after getting up river almost to the crow where we had hammered big smallies on three other occasions.......only to not be able to catch a thing except a couple of short smallies and a little walleye.

We weighed both smallies and the walleye at the break and decided to stay down river for the afternoon after smacking that rock on the way up river in the morning.

We had low expectations for the afternoon and it started SLOW for us trying to control the no-keel RiverPro with the trolling motor in the wind. But after switching to a stretch of shore that had a little less wind and some rock walls and structure, we were able to slow down the presentation and started catching some fish. We finished out our limit in about 15 or 20 minutes and started culling fish. I tried throwing faster baits for northerns to no avail. After about 2:00 we trolled a rattle trap and a deep diving crank bait and caught one legal smallie in 12 feet but he was no upgrade to the nice ones in the well already.

At 3:00 or so we went up to the bridge and threw a crawler on one rod and cut bait on the other in the hope of getting a late cat to weigh but had no luck.

Sure had fun catching the smallies though. Between Saturday and Sunday we easily boated close to 100 fish.

See Y'all on the 11th.

Unfortunately I didn't get any photo's from the event. There were a lot of nice bass weighed-in. Here are a couple from Scott..

Mike of team Mike/Brett with a nice smallie
mikebretsmallie.JPG

Here is Andy of CrystalConnection with "the one that could have been"... 9.9 lb. carp. I'm sure it still put up a great fight!
CCbigfish.JPG

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 08-31-2004).]

Here's a 4.9 cat I got in the ealry morning...

cat-330x237.jpg

Sure put up a fight! Did you get any pics of the cats you and your dad caught Dan?

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

This was the best event by far for Andy and myself. We caught the smallies on senkos, cranks, and white spinner/buzz baits. Last Sunday was only my second time going any distance north of the bridge. That section is a totally different environment. The weather could have been a little warmer/less rainy (WOW! It was sure cold in the morning), but all in all I think it was a good event. The get together at Matt's afterwards was a good time. See everyone at Waconia.