• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS - Clearwater Lake Results

Thanks much to B.J.'s Resort on Clearwater Lake for hosting tournament headquarters this year for our event! If you are ever in the area, they have some great tips on where to fish, maps, tackle, bait, rentals, etc. Look them up, they are on the west end of the lake (just North of the Lake Augusta channel).

Thanks again to Catch'N tackle and T.J.'s Tackle for the tackle prizes.

CONGRATS to team Jighead for their 1st place finish. You guys are doing something right for sure! They walked away with 1st place and a lifetime supply of Berkley Power worms from Catch'N tackle (maybe not life-time, but a huge pack), along with (2) $25 gift certificates for Catch'N tackle.

Congrats to Catch'N and Bob'N Stovetop for 2nd and 3rd place finishes. 2nd went to team Catch'N, and came down to the wire (broken via tie-breaker). Third went to Bob'N Stovetop with the only walleye and "Triple Play" for the day.

Congratulations to Crystal Connection, who came away with 4th place and a couple of great tackle packs from T.J.'s Tackle (including a wide assortment of Case Plastic baits).

This was by far the closest event we've had in the Metro series. All teams brought in nice fish and there wasn't a lot of weight separating the entire field. 1st place went down to a tie-breaker. Big fish was a 3 way tie. Congrats to everyone for finding some great fish. We easily broke the all time weight record for a Metro LETS event (and it wasn't from just the top couple teams, all teams weighed in nice baskets of fish).

The total weights for Clearwater are 214.4 lbs. of fish and 17.9 lbs. per active team (shattering the all time Metro record at Madison of 162.4 lbs. and 13.5 lbs. per active team).

Clearwater.jpg

Final%20Standings2.jpg

Results up on the HSOforum as well...
www.fishingsavvy.com

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 07-27-2004).]

Duhhhh....yea, I see it now.

It was good, a lot of surprises and a lot of fish on 2 fairly small lake (1 was 250 acres!)

I'm sure Paul will post soon

A close one smile.gif We had a lot of fun, the weather was awesome the whole weekend and the panfish sure were poppin'!! I thought that 30 pounds was going to be needed to win this one, but the larger bass were hard to find and the pike were pretty small as well. A three-way tie for big fish and a tie for first place, made things interesting at the end.

A special thanks to Mike for allowing some of us to stay at his place saturday night, you were a very good host, much appreciated. smile.gif

Here are a few pics from the weekend...

MJcrappieCW-253x270.jpg

briancrappieCW2-228x270.jpg

See everyone at Anoka!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 07-26-2004).]

Here are some pictures that I took of some fish we caught and of someone's nice basket of bass!

firstCastBasssmall.jpg
BassWIsmall.jpg
WIBBsmall.jpg

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

[This message has been edited by taxmancommeth (edited 07-27-2004).]

Actually Scott/Andy (taxman) may have had a 4 lb. bass now that I think about it. I know Chris/Andy and our 4 lb. fish were pike.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 07-27-2004).]

Well, we had a rather dissapointing finish, but a fun day despite boat troubles(I swear it'll be all fixed by the next one!) We musta caught at least 20 bass during the day, but most were only 12-14 inches long with the exception of our 3 that went 2lbs or so. Pike were elusive for us, although I did catch a big ugly bowfiun fishing for them! Good weights for just about everyone, I look forward to the next event!