• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOTS of Big Buck Pics Here

Cooter

New pic of a brute at the bottom of this post!

Got permission to put this link up from the local big buck bragging board. Be sure to check back after gun season! On the second page there is a 22 point that scores over 200". I have more pics of it and will post them as soon as the story breaks - that one was shot just south of town here last Sat.

http://weau.mycapture.com/mycapture/photos/Album.aspx?EventID=836268&CategoryID=53699&

That's why so many practice go/grow. It's a process for a buck to get old enough to sport good headgear. In general in MN with subdivided old dairy farms where you don't have enough land to where you feel safe that buck will make it to next year "Kapow". Speaking of big buck pics. any reports of the Hillview management area from 09' ? Good luck with the nocturnal muzzleloader season this upcoming weekend. I'm going on a major cornfield still hunt as our corn in my area is 0% harvested. Moldy, wet irrigated stuff, yuck.

There are just as many big bicks coming out of MN. Was at the taxidermist during the season and there were dozens of 140 inch or larger deer. Thats just one taxidermist! MN got great bucks and great hunting in my opinion.

There are just as many big bicks coming out of MN. Was at the taxidermist during the season and there were dozens of 140 inch or larger deer. Thats just one taxidermist! MN got great bucks and great hunting in my opinion.

I don't think anyone would disagree about Minnesota producing great bucks, but we are not even close to Wisconsin in any way. Just a guess but the taxi's in WI are probably 3 times as busy as their MN counterparts.

Originally Posted By: jlm

I don't think anyone would disagree about Minnesota producing great bucks, but we are not even close to Wisconsin in any way. Just a guess but the taxi's in WI are probably 3 times as busy as their MN counterparts.

+1. "Dozens of 140 inch plus deer at a taxidermist" is not that high considering how few taxidermists there are in the state compared to the amount of land and hunters. MN has the potential to kick out several 140" deer per square mile per year over a great portion of the state, but the way the deer are managed in this state makes that a dream more than a reality (even though there are many areas that are producing good bucks regularly).

Depends on where you are. Plenty of busy taxidermists in my area. DNR is doing a nice job in my area, but probably need to take another look at the rest of the state if even half of what some of you on here are saying is true.

That site is from Eau Claire, the heart of whitetail country in Wis.

Check out some of the bucks getting shot in Houston and Fillmore and you will see similar results.

My brother lives in Wisconsin and is hunting down near Ripon. He has hunter there the last couple of years. He has seen jack squat. His party has about 12 people in it, you know what they have seen? Jack squat. It is not just Minnesota people.

awesome pic and that tine length is unreal...as far as bucks in MN they are out there, there is no way anyone can say a whole start or good portion is go and grow....I would expect we will see more and more monsters in MN during muzzelloader season with the cooler temps and more crops off