• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bemidji Mystery July 24-25

I have been asked to address something regarding this event. I thought we talked about this at the last event...

Even though the lake list will not be published and there is NO prefishing on any of the possible lakes (which you will have to use your best judgement), FYI, I had to excuse the minimum 900 acre rule for this mystery.

This is going to be a lot of fun!! Hopefully this mystery will be our most interesting and fun tournament yet!

We will draw the lake Saturday morning at 8 a.m. at Cenex as explained above. Then begin the event at 10 a.m.

Sunday we will draw the lake at 6am and hopefully we will all be on the water before 7am.

4 hour breaks WILL be in effect on this tournament.

Chuck - I assume you are referring to no prefishing on the am of tourney correct. I was planning on going fishing the next 2 days but am curious as to what you meant by the post and there is nothing about prefishing in the rules. If you are not referring to the am of the tourney please email me and we can discuss it there. [email protected]

No pre-fishing means no pre-fishing. That means a day, a week, 2 weeks B4, etc...You cannot fish or be on the lakes for the sole purpose to learn them for this event. That's why it's a mystery.

If you were going to fish both days to prepare, I would strongly suggest not doing so. grin.gif

Playing Devil's advocate.....
So what are the people who live up there to do? Just fish Bemidji, Cass, Irving, Andrusia, Wolf and Marquette?

Chuck, maybe, and I don't know if this is a good idea, but maybe you should list the potential lakes just so the locals can go out and fish and not worry about it if they may be violating the pre-fish rules.

At this stage in the game I don't know if it would hurt to know the "list".

I know this is confusing, but a true mystery it will be. I won't post lakes as I stated in the beginning. (I really can't post as I'm still working on some because I need to see the launch and parking situation before it's finalized.)

For the newcomers who aren't familiar with the rules we don't fish the same lakes for a few years.

Lake Bemidji chain was fished last year, so that's not on the list.

Cass Lake chain is out too.

Don't take this the wrong way. If you have INTENTIONS to pre-fish the possible lakes, that is a no-no. For example, if I take the day off tomorrow to drive around to the possible lakes and fish them to prepare, I broke the rules.

If you are going to fish the lakes to target a species, like muskies, on one of the lakes we can't stop you. If you are guiding on one of the lakes, we can't tell you no. We just want fair play to all teams and make this a mystery. We are on the honesty system....

I am making it a point to stay away from lakes right now that I think may be in the mix for the event. As tempting as it may be for me to go fish 10 lakes right now to gain an edge, I just can't make myself do it. I want to be fair to everyone and keep it in it's true mystery form.

I really don't want to know what lakes are in the mix ahead of time - that would tempt me too much! grin.gif

See you all this weekend!

------------------
Clueless - -

Well I will be there Sat morning at Cenex, with my boat. I wont be in the event unless I find a partner tonight or in the morn... I guess Ill show up in hopes that someone's partner couldnt make it or something...