Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Weigh-in site?

Chuck, I know they told us where the weigh-in will be, but can you post it for those who might forget?

Also, where is the closest access and are we going 8 straight hours or are we breaking? It's a big chain with a lot of no-wake zones....just curious.

Just curious since I have seen (and this is from the road, not a boat) boats lined up like a traffic jam to get through the channels. No biggie if everyone has to deal with the same thing.

You beat me to it, Tom. smile.gif

Here's the details for all of those who did not hear it at the Cass event.

Weigh in's will be held on Lake Le Homme Dieu in Wharf Bay (I believe that's the name), straight across the street from Bug-A-Boo Bay restaurant/bar. We are using private property that has a sand beach for boats, and this property is almost directly across the street from the bar, but slightly to the east (viewing to the left of Bug-A-Boo from the water).

(Ok, Grabs posted at the same time I did. LOL) Everyone must meet at the starting point at 9:30 a.m. SHARP for inspection and brief rules meeting.

It appears there will be a Saturday bass tourney on the chain with 44 boats. I don't know if this will affect us or not, but it could slow things up through the narrows at times. (and launch sites might be congested, so we need a central spot to meet).

I suggest NO break due to the circumstances, but the rules state we mush vote. smile.gif We need to vote on whether we have a break or not. Water temps are quite cool for this time of year and will get cooler with lows in the low 40's and highs in the lower 60's for a few days.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 06-22-2004).]

No break would be ok. We'll just have to vote Saturday AM. It's a big enough body of water to warrant it.

44 boats should not affect us at all, there's a lot of water out there. What tourney is it by the way?

I could vote either way on taking a break. The water temps were still in the low 60's last weekend. There is a lot of water to cover, but even if you ran from one end to the other it really doesn't take that long to get there. A lot of those channels are only one boat at a time though which could slow things down and for that reason I would be willing to vote not to do a break.

Here is a picture with the launch and weigh-in areas.

site1025.jpg

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 06-22-2004).]

Well if there are only 8 teams I think that may be the majority already. Ron and Steve said they could go either way. Chuck you may want to confirm that.

Looks like 6 teams have voted online and via email for no break so far, so that's the majority vote, so NO breaks.

If we don't see you at Ron's while camping, meet at the start location at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday for a short discussion and we'll go from there. Weigh-in will be at 6:00 p.m.

Sunday's starting time will be 6:00 a.m., like we did at the Cass event. Weigh-in will be at 2:00 p.m.

See you on the water...