• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Statewide - Cass Lake June 5th-6th info and directions

Hey everyone! Thought I would start the official Cass Lake event thread - seeing as how we are less than a week from the the first event already!!

I assume the plans are to use my place as a camp/gathering area - or at least thats the last I heard. So if you don't know how to get here or forgot your way around the huge town of Bemidji from last year, I will post the directions again.

DIRECTIONS:

I assume most of you will be coming in from hwy 71/2 from the south. So take Hwy 197 exit to Bemidji (this will take you right past Bluewater - so be sure to stop in and load up with the discount they are offering for our league) 197 will turn into Paul Bunyan Dr SE. (you will be taking a left at that light) At the next stop light, you will take a right onto 1st Ave (Keith's Pizza is on that corner) Follow 1st Ave to the 4 way stop and take a Left onto Lake Ave. (you will see the Braatten's on Lake Ave store at that corner) Take Lake Ave North to Mill Street, also called State Hwy 406. (I believe it is the 2nd road to the right after your turn onto Lake Ave.) Follow Mill Street up the hill and take a left on Augusta Drive - it is the last road just about to the top of the hill. There will be a stop sign just a little ways down the road, and we are the 2nd house after the stop on the right. (1016 Augsta Drive) It's the house with the football field size+ front yard.

Please bring some extension cords and chairs.

The big grill is available for anyone who wants to use it. I know Grabs mentioned he might bring something for Friday Evening - I also plan to make some grilled walleye to share with everyone. The porta-john will be there. Also if you guys need showers or modern plumbing - just ask.

(Paul - if I can help in any way with food prep up here let me know)

Other than that - if anyone has any questions, just ask.

Also, how many of you plan to camp here and when do you expect to arrive?

Thanks

------------------
Clueless - -

Ethan,
Dennis and I will get there Friday night, probably around 7-8.

I might go do some night fishing on Bemidji for the heck of it. See what happens.

Thanks Ethan, doesn't sound like to many will be up early enough for any dinner on Friday, but I will have some Venison Brats and dogs along, if any one wants some just help yourself, if you want some for around the fire too again just ask.

See in a few days!

I just removed the posts on that launch suggestion. After further research it appeared that the Sunset Cove resort launch suggestion doesn't look to be the best option for our circumstances since we will very likely not have a break during the event, and other reasons (being quite remote, etc.) It really won't be necessary to make special arrangements here.

Anyways,
Who's excited? I can't take it anymore with the nice weather forecast for our first event of the year! Sunny and 70's all weekend will be very welcome to us and the fish! It's been hard to get out lately with so much rain, wind and cold... frown.gif

See everyone Friday night at Cluelesses!

Hey all, don't forget to stop by Bluewater Bait off Hwy 71 as you roll in and out of town to get to Cass Lake over the weekend. They are offering all LETS participants 15% off bait and tackle this weekend!!

How does the State wide do the on the water length verification? Locate nearest LETS member boat or LETS officials?

I just want to plan for that 50" Ski that MJ is boating.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 06-03-2004).]

BDR - I will gladly verify that sklunge for you guys!! We usually exchange cell numbers prior to the event for those who don't have radios, or else we all monitor channel 69 (I think that's the one)

Anyway - just curious as to what the plans are for teams Steve/Ron, Ron/Doug, Jeff/Jeremy and MJ/BDR and where you guys are staying this weekend. If you guys are staying elsewhere you should come out Friday night and talk around the fire - and of course Saturday for the meal!!

See everyone soon!

------------------
Clueless - -