• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roll Call

Little over 2 weeks away!!!

Got word that Matt Johnson and BDR will probably be joining us for this event...maybe more.

Dennis, Chuck, Who is signed up and who is paid?

Lets get a current list going!!

I copied this from another forum that Dennis posted.

Here is the teams we have commited for the season.
1)Jeff/Jeremy
2)Grabs/Shawn
3)Ron/Doug
4)Steve/Ron
5)Clueless/?
6)Chuck/Aaron (are we paid, Aaron was going to send check)
7)Tom/Dennis
8)Paul/?

Individual Events
Cass Lake-
1.) Matt Johnson/BDR

Bemidji Area Mystery Lake
1)Matt/Tim
2)Brad A./Charlie C.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 05-28-2004).]

The tentative plan for Cass Lake is we are going to be using the Highway 2 public access. Clueless mentioned checking on using a resort's access in a protected harbor, but I haven't got word.

Tournament hours are new this year, we run 10:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. We will likely vote to see if we want to waive the one hour break as this is a large lake. We will have a meeting at the access at 9:00 a.m.

We also need to update cell phone numbers for everyone.

Watch the forums early next week for further updates!!

If Clueless is talking about Stony Point, I believe they charge for access. It is also almost a half mile from the access to the lake through their channel. All no wake. They are pretty busy on weekends, and especially after hosting the PWT, it might be chaos. I'm also not for releasing fish back in a protected harbor like that either. Warmer temps, further from deeper cold water for recovery and not to mention the increased possibility that these fish could be caught and killed by the resorters.

I remember that the shoreline at the HWY 2 access was fairly rocky. Too bad we need all the weigh-in equipment. Otherwise we could meet up on the island near the carry-in point to the lake that is in the middle of it...really nice and sandy there.

I'd be for not taking the break. We would get done an hour earlier then and the water temps are cold enough there would not be a strain on the fish. Besides, with gas prices the way they are, it would be nice not having to run and gun so much.

Just my thoughts.

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 05-28-2004).]

It wasn't Stoney Point. Now that I think about it, we really don't want to plug up resorts with our weigh in's, talk'ing and what not...

We'll just have to deal with the public access, and I remember beaching some boats there. We can also launch and then weigh in too.

Yea, If we dont take a break, we can just pull the boats out and then weigh the fish. Done it before and it works well. That way, the shore is of little consequense.

Oh hey,
Diddnt we decide last year if a lake was over a certain size that we would just fish through? I thought we decided that both Cass and Pokegama would fit this scenario. When you think about it, the Le Homme Dieu chain would also be that way, but I think we can pick a fairly centralized access for that one so it should not be an issue.

If we are casting votes I would rather not do the break for this event either. For all the same reasons already mentioned.

I would also vote for landing the boats first and then doing weigh-in.

As the rules state, we are voting to waive the 4 hour break on large lakes. I'm sure it will pass with water temps so cold and gas prices.. grin.gif Heck, I can override a bad vote can't I? LOL

Yes, we will have to weigh in after launching. There wasn't enough space for all boats on the (poor) shoreline from what I recall from 3 years ago? smile.gif

Need a head count for purposes of food planning. One week to go. Looks like we will have about 18. Is this correct???? Figured we would kick off the season again with the shrimp boil. Where are we going to do this??

------------------
Paul
Drake Motel

[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
JR's Tackle
Lakemaster Lake Maps

Do you all know the regulation regarding culling? It's in the DNR handbook outlawing any culling from your live wells... this could change strategies for some of us. See you all Sat.

That is true,..I did read the change in regards to culling and forgot all about it until now.

Page 14 of the regulations: (word for word)
Once a limit of fish has been reduced to possession, no culling or live
well sorting of that species is allowed.

But does this really affect us since we could have two possesions in the boat and only weigh one persons daily limit during weigh-in. We just can't release any fish until weigh-in and at that point we can release them all??

I guess we'll have to worry about catching fish first!

As long as we have less than one fish under the posession limit in the boat, we can release/cull as many as we want.

If I read it right, once walleye #12 for example is placed in the livewell, then you cannot cull. But if you only have 7, you can cull all day.

Unless I see something that is different, that's what we'll be doing.

That is the way I understand this regulation as well. Once Walleye number 12 or bass number 10 is in the boat, you can no longer cull. Should never come into play with 1 fish limits for these events unless you happen to be fishing solo.

I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend. My daughter is graduating so that takes priority. I hope Doug's brother catches a few big ones. See you all in Alexandria.