• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Southern MN LETS Deadlines

I've decided to put deadlines on the SM LETS sign-up, and league fees will be due at that time also. We need to do this so we can schedule the payouts for each event. The sign-up deadline for "All Events" is June 12th which is one week prior to the 1st event on Cedar lake June 19th. Individual events sign-up and fees would be due 1 week prior to the event fished, ie the lake Francis event sign-up would be on July 10th, Zumbro Aug 14, and Tetonka Sept 18th. Previously I had said that you could show up the day of the event and sign-up. This won't work because we want to have all payouts figured out a week in advance, to save confusion at the event.
Thanks Lucky

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Hey Lucky,
For those of us that aren't familiar with the lakes down that way, can you fill us in on how the fishing is on these lakes. I've heard Cedar is a good bass lake. Tetonka claims the state record bass. I thought I remember hearing that Francis is a good walleye lake?? Zumbro?

Is it $75 per team per event?

How many teams do you have signed up now?

Sure Dan I'll give you what I know, and anyone else that wants to fill in the blanks jump right in. smile.gif First of all I've never fished Cedar so it will be a new experiance for me. I've heard it is a good bass and panfish lake, and will yield some northerns too. Francis is a great lake for crappies and I've done well there on walleyes on occasion. There are bass as well as sunnies too. This makes Francis a pretty well rounded lake in my opinion. Tetonka is my favorite lake to fish. It has great structure and it always seems to have something biting at one time or another. I'm big on walleyes and have always done well for them on Tetonka. Of course the state record bass came from there, so that says something for the bass fishing on this lake. It is also a great pike fishery, I usually manage at least a 1/2 doz big pike a year from Tetonka (10 lb range). It has a good population of white bass, crappie, and sunfish also. The word is that there are muskie in Tetonka too, but I've never run across one. Same goes for channel cats. Zumbro is another lake that I haven't fish, so I'm researching that now. I think the best info on that lake could be gotten from Crappie Tom on the Rochester SE forum, he is very informative and I enjoy reading his posts. I haven't heard of it being a good walleye lake, but I believe the other species more than make up for their abscence. From what I've read Zumbro holds a good population of crappies, and bass both smallies and largemouth. Pike is another option I believe along with channel cats. I believe there was some stocking of muskies in the lake too, but I'm not sure that they are fished much, don't know for sure. So there is the overview, however incomplete it may be.

------------------

The league dues come to $50.00 per team for each event. We now have 4 teams with two more showing some interest in fishing the league. smile.gif

------------------