• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brock Lesner

Chef

I heard he's really sick and not expected to be back and competing anytime soon.

The Heyman Hustle is reporting that current UFC and former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar has been hospitalized and is apparently "very, very sick."

UFC President Dana White has commented on the situation by saying "He's in a hospital up in North Dakota somewhere right now," said White. "He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape."

White also added, "He went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him, so we've got to figure it out. He is not good. He is very, very sick and he's going to be out for a while."

I had a pleasure of fishing with him by happenstance this past spring and he's a heck of a nice guy. I hope he can recover.

The media is reporting one thing fron Dana White and the UFC and another thing from Lesnar's family. Supposed quotes from the family say it's not as serious as reported by the UFC. I hope it's not typical UFC hype saying Lesnar may never fight again and then you have him back for a huge pay per view. He is a big draw though, hopefully he is able to fight again, way to talented and young to give it up.

The media is reporting one thing fron Dana White and the UFC and another thing from Lesnar's family. Supposed quotes from the family say it's not as serious as reported by the UFC.

They said on Fox 9 this morning he is on his way to Mayo, and there is a chance he might have to have major intestinal surgery and his career more than likely is over.

He maybe drank some unpurified water out of a creek while up in Canada? Some of the creeks look crystal clear, but carry a parasite that comes from beavers that inhabit the water. Get that in you and it is sick call for a very long time.

Seems to me that Dana White is playing this up big time. I am sure Brock is sick and possibly even seriously ill but telling us he may never fight again seems to jump the gun a little when its not even clear whats wrong with him.

I think he's just trying to lay the ground work for a huge comeback match that they can hype through the roof.

Hopefully Brock gets healthy and comes back to kick some more people in the teeth.

Brock Lesnar's chiropractor blames the Canadian medical system for failing to manage the UFC fighter's mystery illness after he collapsed here last week.

"His symptoms became severe while in Canada, which because of their health care system made it difficult to manage. And at this point it's a possibility that it could jeopardize his career," chiropractor Larry Novotny told KSAX-TV news in Alexandria, MN, according to the network's HSOforum.

If you should listen to anyone about internal medicine and treatment, it's a chiropractor. "Failure to manage" is the second topic discussed in chiro school, right after "call me Dr. (first name)."

Good luck, Brock.

That just shows you, all it takes is the wrong bug/virus and you are S-O-L!!!!! No matter how big and strong you are.

Hopefully he fully recovers. It would have to be something really nasty to not allow him to ever fight again. And if we know anything about Brock, its that he's a fighter and will do whatever it takes to get back in the ring.

Read yesterday that he had a hole either in his intestines or stomach. So basically stuff was leaking out and causing infections, thus mono was misdiagnosed. His body was fighting those infections, so by working out heavily he was prone to getting sick easily. Basically whatever he got in Canada was the straw that broke the camel's back. I believe he is going to Mayo next week.

Speculation....

Diverticulitis is a serious condition when a little pouch in colon gets inflamed and infected. If not treated and sometimes even if it is it can rupture causing big problems. May require removal of chunk of colon to fix.

Another problem is Ulcerative Colitis. Normally perforations are not a problem but it can make you sick. Treatment may require removal of colon, but that is sort of last resort.

If he happened to be taking performance enhancing drugs they might have contributed to the problem.

A third possibility is Crohn's disease. Not much of a cure for that one.

Look them up at the medical site of your choice for more details.

I have no idea of whether any of these conditions are actually the problem.