• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gomez Traded

AWH

In 3 years people will look back at this trade and wonder what the hell the twins were thinking. Gomez will be a REALLY GOOD PLAYER someday, its too bad we didnt just keep him in the minor leagues for a few years. Its like they always say you can teach a player everything except speed, and Gomez is as fast as anyone in baseball.

man I nailed this one. I really wish we could get this guy back.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised one big that Gomez grew into a good player. I thought he was brought up too quickly here, he just happened to have a monster start, then fell back down to earth. We pulled the plug on him too early, of course it didn't help that Span and Revere were coming up. Gardy wouldn't have been able to develop him anyway. So if this is indeed Gardy's last season as the manager, then the sky is the limit for Hicks! He'll have better direction with a new manager, and will be a player of similar skill to Gomez, except I think Hicks plays better defense, and is a better base runner.

We didn't "pull the plug" on him. The Twins (and everyone else) knew he was a good player, but you have to give up talent in order to recieve talent.

Just because the "talent" we got in return didn't match what we gave away, well that says something about the organization doesn't it?