• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Carpet Ideas

Question

Hey everyone,

I have a Clam Jr portable. It's a 4x6 with a hard plastic bottom. In the past I've cut a piece of carpet to fit the floor and laid it on the bottom when I was fishing. The problem is that it's a pain when it gets wet and then freezes. I'm looking for ideas to attach marine carpet to the bottom, has anyone done this? I have some good quality carpet I used in my boat and I could cut it to fit the floor in the portable but I'm worried about it pulling up. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

There is outdoor carpet glue at places like Menards. I glued outdoor carpet on the folk's sidewalk and it held up nicely for several years. Actually, the carpet wore before the glue let go. Maybe could work for your use.

Saremma,
I am thinking about doing the same. One idea that I have is if you are not planning on moving around alot within your house then maybe just get a 18 X 12 piece of wood and put your carpet on it. This will keep you feet of the plastic flooring and put some morre insulation between your feet and the ice. Just a thought.
A

Try Velcro. Good stuff Eh!

You can get industrial grade Velcro at most craft stores in bulk. As long as the surface is clean and dry when you stick it on, your set to stick anything to anything.

If you use carpet your going to want to ge able to remove it from time to time to dry it out.

I have used a rear floor mat from a SUV and stuck Velcro on the back and on the sled, no slip and easy to dooch off if it gets slimmed up. (A salvage yard is handy to find the mats)

What I now like even better is styrofoam as it will not get hooks stuck in it. What I found is carpet always gets a dam hook in it, that ticks me off. Your gear rattles around less, it is lighter, and you soak up no water. Any water you get in the sled will turn to ice and form up in the channels below the foam and you just shake it out or dump it.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com