• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Photo Gallery

Driftless

The fish came from Canada. It was a long journey to this gem that included getting lost in the middle of nowhere, damage to a truck, and long portages and paddles. But in the end it paid off. Most fish came on wooley buggers and black nosed dace. Smallest fish was around 4 lbs and up to 8 lbs. Lets just say I will go back. 041_zps0b9caafd.jpg047_zpsa5c16822.jpg053_zps8b089c7c.jpg

The best part was teriyaki butter and onion over the open flame!!!

Recent rains in Northern Wisconsin have kept the trout on the feed. Lots of food getting swept into the rivers. However, this morning I see some rivers are roaring and likely unfishable for a couple of days...

20140830_183406_zps105be556.jpeg

20140831_100518_zps6cf57ec1.jpeg

The dog really likes to go with. Never leaves my side!!!

20140830_191333_zps4b065dd8.jpeg

Your Lab doesn't get out ahead of you and spook the fish? Good for him. My Golden was trained to hunt so he's always out in front of me so I rarely take him trout fishing.

I had a stubby little Jack Russell that was a great fishing dog- stayed out of the water and only put up a big stink when I pulled a fish out.

She is a great fishing partner! Never goes in front of me and doesn't enter water till I give the nod.

I'm a little particular where I take her. Usually just rivers that don't get pressured. Rivers along Minnesota's north shore are not good bring the dog places. To many hooks in the banks and people. I watched several dogs walk by with line coming out of there mouth, not good.

Lots of back country rivers and creeks in mn, wi and Canada that don't have people.

I finally broke my trout curse in Chaska in a put-and-take lake after not catching rainbows for over a year and a half. Two nice sized eaters for the pan, and extra virgin olive oil really brings out the taste in these fish. Catching trout never felt so good.

20141025_102142_zpseca5665d.jpg

20141025_104322_zps7764de5b.jpg

made it out to the Courthouse pond for a few hrs sat morning. miss quite a few bites, lost a couple at at hole and ended up with 4 keepers

16oz can

IMG_1148.jpg

made a couple for dinner sat nite

Old Bay seasoning, butter and lemon juice 425 oven for 30mins =D

IMG_1149.jpg