• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Photo Gallery

Driftless

Hey we fished Bugger Gut! Caught a nice brookie there myself but flipped out of my hands before I could get a photo. You told me it was one of the first streams you ever trout fished, right Len? Not bad considering this is NOT a designated trout stream.

bigtAS.jpg

Alistair Stewart from Chicago with a sweet brookie he caught on his Schroeder bamboo 3 weight. The rod was literally bent in half. Was caught with a pink squirrel nymph on Bugger Gut in Crawford County. Yes Mark it is none designated water.

The stream I caught my very first trout in at age 5. If you go to my blog the story is called "A Trout Angler"

There were only browns in there back then.

Not a bad start.

At age 5 catching a 23 3/4 inch brown. It would have broken that flimsy three weight of Al's in half.

Alistair is a Central Sands TU member and a HUGE contrbutor to the TU Dare movement.

A Trout Unlimited Member to model yourself after.

What is amazing is that so many of these big WILD trout were caught in such bright conditions. Big trout are more easily fooled at low light or total darkness. Len's area is special. More people should fish Richland and Vernon counties. You could drive around all day and not find any cars parked at bridges. Even panther martins can be effective Most of the day, however in general I'd say after 11am hang it up and go take a nap. Am told gold spinners work great in bright sunlight. Have to test that recomendation next summer.

DaveFbrown2009asz.jpg

Richard Fowler the treasurer of the Nohr Chapter TU with a brown he caught on a fly of his making called a disco nymph.

Trout Unlimited has many fine members and projects. Dave Fowler is one of these fine members. I believe there are many who are the same as Dave F. Just remember a few bad apples don't spoil the whole bushel.

LabratBrown1sz.jpg

Mike Barniskis the President of Aldo Leopold Chapter of Trout Unlimited with a decent brown caught on a biot nymph on Citron Creek.

Mike is a fine example of a shining star of the Trout Unlimited organization. Mike would NEVER dream of coming on a site and causing trouble. That would be against ALL that Trout Unlimited holds precious.

kevs.jpeg

Kevin Searock with a decent brown he caught on Pine Creek with a lite bright biot nymph. Kevin is a well known Trout Unlimited member and gives presentation all over the tri-state area. Kevin has been published in numerous publications to include Gray's Journal.