• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have no experience what so ever with winchester, but own two savage rifles with the accutrigger. I would go with the new savage.

This weekend I was squirrel hunting in NE IA and made a 75 yard headshot off the top of a ridge and hit the squirrel. it was the second shot because I forgot to aim low on extreme angle shots, but without that accutriger, i couldn't have made that shot. Granted I was using my 17hmr and you are looking at a 223, but my 243 accutrigger is a great trigger as well. Savage usually has pretty accurate barrels as well. My savage 243 is not the prettiest dog in gunsafe, but it is pretty accurate....

One has to remember that the military does not shoot the same guns we do from those companies.

I have a friend that was in charge of the sniper groups in Germany. he told me that every sniper has a gun built to fit them and they do alot of extra work to these snipers guns to get them to shoot the longer distances.

Now I am talking about the sniper rifles.

The rifle that Vince uses (the guy that I know) is an off the shelf bolt action rifle. He has that much faith in Savage Arms.

I forgot to mention that he's retired from the USMC. Didn't mean to sound like he was still active.

I have a 12 Series Varmint Savage .223 w/accu trigger. Best varmint rifle I've owned, most expensive too but you pay for what you get these days. It's a definate tack driver and would recommend one to anyone looking to kill coyotes and down. Also works well for sniping does for a one shot kill. smile