• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Hunting Reports....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday the 13th was good to me. Scammed out of work early and wasnt in the stand but 5 minutes and this guy comes by. I couldnt resist at 8 yards. A near perfect shot with a blood trail that even Timmy without his glasses could have followed... whistle

Tank and I turned it into steaks, spiedies, stew meat, and a roast this morning, Plus im off to grind some burger now and make some brats...

Awesome Jay...where's the pic?

I saw 2 does this evening...lots of FRESH scrapes everywhere around 2 of my 3 stands. This guy was ripping and shredding trees like it was his job. I think he is pretty big. There are also several small spikes, 4's and 6's running all over. I have seen more deer this year than in the past 2-3 years. I need to buy a used freezer...anyone know of one laying around for a good price?

Thanks guys.

Franky...are you coming down to hunt?

DougE_West - Lots of buck movement this past week. We has 6 on one camera one day. I had a buck come in the other evening and take an hour nap about 50 yards from me for an hour.

I got a great pict of Tank, Meg, and myself - it is a small buck though. eek

Lots going on at work, dont know how much id get to hunt this week. Today is our community T-Day dinner. Take a guess who the gets to coach and qb the kitchen. cool

Served about 300 people at our free community holiday dinner today. Things went smooth like butter on a hot muffin!

Made 10 pounds of brats yesterday that came out quite good. Tomorrow we are going to make meatballs, cook em, then vacume pack them in meal size packages...

pb130973.jpg

Those Meatballs look "Outstanding"...what's the recipe?

Vanessa was inquiring, because she is actually into the Venison, confused finally

The product I got back from "The Deer Man" is completely "Outstanding". I ended up paying $227 for all of it. Now I see why he has all those awards from around the world...and a Porsche shocked

ThungerDung...I have a care package for you wink

I know you and I normaly wont follow recipies but I did for the meatballs. Usually I just dump parm cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, ect...

I read the reviews on the one I followed and was sold.

Here it is...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2066566/Meatballs#Post2066566

After wacking the walleyes I picked up 25 lbs of those sticks that Thunder ate like a starving dog! whistle

5 bucks a pound but they are "outstanding"...

Maybe some slim-jims but I dont think Tanks going to be parting with these meatballs, they are real good! But we'll probably end up makeing 10 more pounds again. Maybe at one of our ice trips this winter you can bring your cooker and we'll have meatball subs on the ice? cool

Hey guys, heres a link to a little "how-to" I did on butchering you own deer...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2067691/1/How_to_Process_Your_Own_Veniso

Congrats on the deer AW, Tank N Jay. Got back in from Colorado around midnight this am. What beutiful country. All tho I never got to go drivin around on the durt roads in the hills to see some critters, Fun was had by all. Will post some pics that we took while out there soon. Will try to get in the stand 1 more time with the stick n string in the am, (providing its not raining). Put the 1100 on paper this afternoon. 3 lightfiled slugs covered by a golfball at 60 yds. Yea shes a tack driver..Looking forward to Sat mornin..

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow and be safe! Hopefully I'll be doin alot of draggin ,im taking my 2 boys out. smile

Same to you Chris!! altho I wont be draggin. Thats what the Kodiak is for. LOL. Good luck to all and be sure to take and post some pics of your freezer bound critters...

Kirk - Congrats to Jake! That is excelent!

Makes me feel old, 20 years ago this year I got my first deer. cool

Our opener was a wierd one for me. I sat in my treestand for 10 straight hours today without even seeing a deer! Never happened before but some days your the dog, some the hydrant. The mind starts doing funny things after that long on a platform 20 ft up. crazy And how on earth could I bee this tired from standing or sitting in one place?

Tank put down a nice 6 pt right before noon. He was lucky, he almost got caught with his.... Well lets just say he was relieving himself, zipped up, and this buck was under him. The buck caught him grabbing his gun but paused to look up at him, it was all over by then...

Jay...I sat in my stand from 6am-5pm with only a 45 min break to eat, pee, and drink. I saw 0...Nada...Zip...nothing...[PoorWordUsage]e...zilch...and to boot, I didn't even see 1 squirrel crazy

I hear you on the mind thing...my eyes also went psycho.

I saw deer all week out of this stand while Bowhunting...5 different bucks and several sightings of some of the same ones.

I got 2 with a bow this season...I guess it's Mother Nature's way of saying..."easy big fellow...you are fine for now" cry

Great job Jake...got one on Chris now wink Chris, call me!!!

45 minutes break - you wimp! whistle

I had a bottle of water and a Nutty Buddy bar at 1...

What I dont understand is how do I feel like I worked a 14 hour shift in the kitchen and got beat up on the way home? All I did was sit or stand in one place, Tank dropped me off and picked me up with the quad. He didnt need any help with his deer...