• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Hunting Reports....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very nice evening in the woods! No wind and mid 30's. Had three doe come by at about 20 yards acting kinda funny. I figured Mr. Buck was following but nothing materalized. Heard some turkeys and saw some squirrels also. Got home an took a low kick - had a nice buck on camera not long before I got there.

Tank took the day off, he's feeling under the weather. He stayed warm, napped, and watched football...

I know Calli has been out. Who else? Any reports?

Tank connected on a nice 8 tonight. I got wrapped up at work and didnt get home till 6, right when I walked in the door he called and said he's 99% sure he made a good shot - and he did, a perfect dbl lunger on one of the nice 8's we have been seeing. He passed a small buck last night and was holding out for one of three diff bucks we know are around or a big wanderer. We got right on the trail and had real good blood. But this joker was tough and he surprised us by going a solid 150 yards and up a hill. I guess he put on quite a show before takeing an arrow. He made 2 scrapes, a nice rub, and ran off a spike before turning broadside at 10 yards...

050ro.jpg

009ba.jpg

We have a bunch of picts of him but most are on the memory sticks that are up in the woods. I'll post them tomorrow but heres one from this morning...

047kr.jpg

Been seein a lot of deer but no shooters within range. Had 1 buck at about 50 yds Sat mornin. Had been watchin him for about a half hour when he finaly started working my way. As I got about half way to a standing position the Doe that had come in to 5 yds behind me (which I didnt know was there)! Erupted in a very loud snort and tore arse threw the woods scaring the buck away. Sunday morning I was deer tight from 730 right threw 9am with bunch of little ones beneath me and the bigger does out at 30 yrds. Wasnt able to draw. Better luck next time..

You the man Tank grin

Way to go brother...I figured you or your turd son would have got the first deer wink

The big 10 I have been watching since velvet, is down for the count. The old man Ray, who is the only other one allowed to hunt out back, his nephew...all of 20 years old...shot it Sunday night mad

I was on my way to that stand when the kid pulled in and said "I am going to go sit in my Uncle's stand...if that's alright with you"...what am I going to say..."no, go fudge yourself?"

Oh well, there are still the twin 10's accross the street that will wander in and take over the territory...I hope!!!

I am glad the kid got the biggest deer he will ever shoot...he has nothing in life to look forward to now, except divorce(4 times), taxes and death cry

Hey Jay...I just went back and looked at the trail camera pic of the deer earlier before his demise...and I saw a camo rope around that buck's neck that was connected to that apple tree whistle...what gives you PIRATES!!!

What's that green netting in that pic? It must be nice to be able to mow the grass around your tree stands...very comfortable, I would guess!!! Did your Mom watch Tank shoot that through the kitchen window?

You know I am just kidding...I couldn't resist...it's deer/location envy cool I can't wait for first ice now...because the first person that shoots a deer, must supply our Ice Crew with Venison Jerky all Ice Season crazy

Gee, your up late... sleep

The deer wasnt taken at the stand where the pict is from. The green mesh is a fencing Tank put down on the food plot we planted this summer to see how much they are eating. There eating there some but not heavy. Just snacking on it on thier way to and from big fields... Turd eek 4 divorces cry

Hey guys good luck out there. Its nice sometimes to get it over quick but I will miss the excitement.Guess I will take my excitement out on a doe sometime soon. all in all it was a good week for me as I took a bronze medal thursday at the Broome county senior games. Not bad for my first year of playing. Hope to see you all on the ice soon.

Deer down laugh

I harvested a nice meat buck @ 35yds this evening. Had to get this one out of the gene pool. 1.5 year old with a decent amount of weight. Plus I love to watch the Mathews DXT in action. That Bow is FAST. Nice double lung pass through and stuck in the ground on the other side about 8" cry The deer didn't know what hit him. I thought I missed because he didn't react when hit. I watched the arrow at lightnig speed pass through, but the deer just walked 20 yards along the field edge and walked into the woods then started the death wobble and fell over about 15 yards from my stand.

I am taking him with Todd tomorrow to "The Deer Man" over by Sherberne. He is an award winning Venison processor. He makes everything. Kielbasa, bologna, hot dogs, sausage, pastrami, pate. You name it, he makes it. I am psyched. Now Vanessa will eat a lot more venison smile I only have 4 more tags to fill now whistle