• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NexUS Card? Thoughts/Comments???

OK, I applied for a NEXUS card. This is suppose to take the place of the IJ 68 deal for the Americans but not the RABC for the Canadians. It also makes boarder crossing faster if everyone in the vehicle has them. I cross many times throughout the year to fish and also do remote crossing on sleds and boats. Has anyone heard bad ju-ju on the NEXUS cards?????

PS they are $50 and last for 5 years and work in the air or land.

They are very similar to the passport card, which is what I have. My parents opted for the nexus card. If you are crossing at a small port like I. Falls, FF, Baudette, RR, Warroad, the cards won't speed up the crossing at all they don't have enough lanes. The speed benefit comes in if you were crossing at a port like Sault Ste. Marie with 12 lanes. It's like speed pass when you are on a toll way. If a tollway had 2 lanes there wouldn't be a speedpass either, get my point?

They put tons on money into putting the nexus card readers in at I.Falls, but from what the customs officers say they may never get used.

Mine works like a dream in Inl. Falls . It gets you away from all the B.S. questions that have no purpose and are meant as intimidation . Now I just flash the card as I drive up and am done within 15 seconds

I have a Nexus card. I've crossed at many ports and it dont seem to be any faster and coming back into the U.S I always get questioned if I am a dual citizen cuz my card states that I am a Canadian citizen and I just show the customs officer my Permanent Resident Card ( green card ) so now I just hand them both my cards and saves them a few questions. Most times I am crossing with a big rig so we get drilled with questions no matter what.