• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deer Processing where do you go?

USPENAMC

good morning,

I live in eden prairie where are the closest local deer processing places?

I have always done it myself but would like to know just in case something comes up I can drop off a deer and let them do the work. What does processing usually consist of. Do I have to skin it first still?

depends on what you want. My patrons like the package I give em:

8 to 10 round steaks

6 to 8 tip steaks

10 butterfly fillets (loin chops)

1 "eye of chuck" roast (2 tied together)

2 shoulder roasts

2 rump roasts

14 to 17 pounds of burger

this will vary depending on the size of the carcass and bullet damage.

If there is someone I could send a pic of this to, email me and I'll forward one to you as I don't know how to post pics on here.

man I got home late last night and couldnt find a place to get my deer processed I had to go straight to work this is why I wanted to take it to a processing place. i might just do it myself today. I called several places that say you can call for afterhours and no one answered. called kowalskis and the young guy there said he didnt know and all his managers were out deer hunting. I did wash the deer once more and then put a bunch of ice in the cavity and hope to get er done this morning I havent slept in two days almost so Im still wondering if i should just get it done at the processor.