• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broken Fly Fishing Reel

MnSportsman

Question

Now I did it!! I dropped my fly fsihing reel on the garage floor & broke the return/wind lever. Any one have any place I can contact
about replacement parts for a 30+ year old reel? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get parts from the Original Manufacturer. I also have a broken bait-casting reel from around the 50's that I might want to restore. Any leads on where to find old parts like this would be appreciated. smile.gif
Thnks!

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

3 answers to this question

MnSportsman,
What kind of a reel is it. I have some old fly fishing reels and rods that I came across in my parents garage when they moved. Looks like some of the reels were never used.. Let me know and I'll take a look to see what I have.

Kelly

if you don't want to buy a new one, and you can't find anyone near by, i would highly recommend the following, call em him up he'll probably tell you in 10 seconds whether he can do it, or what your chances are of getting it fixed,
Hulk

Business Name Address City Phone
Easterling's Reel & Rod Repair 5700 W National Ave Milwaukee, WI (414) 259-3907

Here's another one to try -
Bob's Reel Service
3945 Rollingwood Dr. NW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405-4431
I sent him a 60's vintage Johnson Sabre and he had all the parts it needed and charged a fair price too.

------------------