Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MnSportsman

Broken Fly Fishing Reel

4 posts in this topic

Now I did it!! I dropped my fly fsihing reel on the garage floor & broke the return/wind lever. Any one have any place I can contact
about replacement parts for a 30+ year old reel? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get parts from the Original Manufacturer. I also have a broken bait-casting reel from around the 50's that I might want to restore. Any leads on where to find old parts like this would be appreciated. smile.gif
Thnks!

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

MnSportsman,
What kind of a reel is it. I have some old fly fishing reels and rods that I came across in my parents garage when they moved. Looks like some of the reels were never used.. Let me know and I'll take a look to see what I have.

Kelly

if you don't want to buy a new one, and you can't find anyone near by, i would highly recommend the following, call em him up he'll probably tell you in 10 seconds whether he can do it, or what your chances are of getting it fixed,
Hulk

Business Name Address City Phone
Easterling's Reel & Rod Repair 5700 W National Ave Milwaukee, WI (414) 259-3907

Here's another one to try -
Bob's Reel Service
3945 Rollingwood Dr. NW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405-4431
I sent him a 60's vintage Johnson Sabre and he had all the parts it needed and charged a fair price too.

------------------

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You didn't even understand the question Junior. Do we need to get you a translator? 
    •   And then what? There's a saying that goes, "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."   You have a country of 300 some million individuals and a good number of that all have different ideas how to so call fix this. That's why we are set up as a representative republic and not a democracy.   You seem to be assuming most people will see things your way

• Look my very own internet stalker making memes about me, such a proud day.

• I guess the question is when are we going to get pizzed off enough to do something about it? Guess we aren't there yet.
    •   Hi guys ... Everyone was very helpful last year with what line to use ect...   As I was a fairly new Bass fisherman.  Had a great last open water season as did great with Texas rigs with variety of Senko's.  Also started throwing frogs with 50# power pro with 7'6" med Heavy rod ... wow is that fun!!   What brand is every throwing or like?   I'm going to try the Bobby's Perfect Frog this year  by Snag Proof.  I threw the Booya's this last year and that is a rush.  Can't wait for some basin times!!
    •   Yep, had to fix a few of those switches and tell the wife and kids to let the motor stop before pounding it in reverse!!
    • Kind of crude image but here is what I'm looking at.
    • Access is in the middle but I'm not overly concerned with that.  I can seal it up and cut a new one.  I'm thinking about slide channels mounted on the wall with a steel or aluminum frame mounted to the channels that can slide up and down with a electric winch routed through a couple pulleys. 
    •   You and Bearsheet.................blame everyone but yourselves.  All you those grueling hours you 2 spent in Sillytown advocating for Gary "Hillary is great" Johnson.   #victim #noonegetsitbutyou
    • How close is the access hole to the wall? I have a friend that built a large loft in his shed and utilized cammed pulleys and weights to allow him to hinge the stairway from the loft. Basically, with the cammed pulley, it stays down when he pulls it down and stays up when he puts it up... all with little to no effort.
  • Our Sponsors