• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Youngester's going out w/ the bow?

bmc

I'm curious to see how many of us will be taking a young bow hunter out this fall. My daughter is 11 and this will be her first fall bowhunting. She got a new Darton Ranger 3 for her birthday in June and is all dialed in out to 15 yards. There's been a spike buck on the trail cam where one of her ground blinds are at, so it should be exciting next Saturday!!!

I don't know who's more excited!

Good luck this fall to all you bowhunter's out there this fall!

Brian

Yep that was me.

I had to laugh when I told them kids I've been shooting bow since I was 3 years old, so I've been shooting for 32 years. A few jaws dropped, too funny, guess I'm getting old??? LOL

Now that I think about it......i must have been one of my dad's 1st archery shop cutomers??? LOL

They had a good turn out, and quite a few girls in the class. Even an adult female in the class, not sure if she was w/ her son or actually taking the class though.

Brian

Count me in as one who'll be getting a young miss out there starting next weekend. She just turned 16. This will be her first hunt where SHE is the shooter.

My confidence is high that if we get a clear shot at 20 yds or less, I'll be posting a pic. grin

BTW, bmc, 35 ain't that old yet! wink

Just got back from taking my 7 year old son out hunting in Wisconsin it was bow opener Saturday and we had a blast didn't get anything but we did see a doe and he got pretty excited so that's all that matters. He wants to go this weekend too so I know he is hooked.

Bruce,

I'm having issues w/ my GPS module not responding on my graph, a Lowrance LMS 480. I've connected and re-connected everything I can think of and no luck. Cleaned the connections, etc. majorly frustrated!!!

Do you have much experience w/ this type of issue????

Thanks,

Brian

I'm taking my 7 year old out this weekend to sit with me in the 2-man stand.

He's already shooting his bow with me in the back yard and learning a lot about safety and handling. Makes me proud.

Now my 5 yr. old Daughter is asking to come up with me in the stand so she can participate. Life is good.