• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Hand Auger

Question

I need a hand auger to pack in for trout fishing, what is the lightest and easiest to use? I will have to slide it in 3 miles on a closed road at Mammoth. Spudbars any good?

4 answers to this question

robbor - Check out the Nils master high velocity auger. I have a Mora thats retired forever and a 6 inch Lazer plus a 6 inch Nils. The Nils definatly cuts easier and better. The 2 handed design once gotten used too is the cats meow. Much easier cranking with two hands instead of pushing with one and cranking with one. I believe that Cabelas carries the Nils???? Plus it has a handle that easily folds up for packing....

Dark Cloud, you beat me on the Nils Master auger, they are the best out there! Cabela's sells them under HT high velocity auger. I think a rep will be there from Nils Master at the ice show and can look and both the hand and the new power auger out this year, Suppose to be a sweet machine.