• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck, family, and traveling.....any thoughts?

311Hemi

Question

So we are having our first child early next year and a debate on vehicles has come up (wife wants a new car). In this discussion it has come up as to what needs we have to fulfill for the new car (SUV). We currently have decided on a 2008 Highlander, just looking for the right one now.

One aspect we are discussing is the role of my truck. I have an 03' Dodge 2500 quad cab. My wife thinks there is no way young kids are going to sit and be comfortable in the rear seating and that we will not be able to use the truck for trips (2-4 hours north). I don't see any way around not using it as if we take a mid-sized SUV (two kennels should fit in an 08 Highlander) and put both dog kennels in the back it leaves no space for any cargo. So, any trip we go on with the dogs will leave no space inside the SUV.

For those of you with pickups...do you use them much for family trips with younger kids?