• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Channel Catfishing Holy Grail *videos added*

DTro

Ya the enforcement had been confusing, but I trust my sources on what the laws are....I'm not saying you guys tried to sneak anything in...they let you in with it...this time. I just do not want to see somebody get there you know what in a wringer for no good reason at all.

But remember the border deal is a evolving deal...and what was good once..only last season in fact..is now a no go type deal.

I know this too well, as I'm dealing with a passport issue that was a non-issue last year and for the past 25 years I have been going back and forth 5-15 times a year or more..but.. SURPRISE..it is now. So I'm knee deep in US Passport agencies, state agencies, and regional agencies trying to get it fixed. So tell they clear that up here on the US side..I'm a no go into Canada, because they won't let me out of the USA...Canada is not the problem it's the passport process here stateside that snagged me up...it may take 120 days they say to fix/resolve..if than..No fun..Eh!

Really messed up my fall plans, and may do a number on my winter plans too if it drags out too long. frown

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up on the frogs.

Ed, How hard is it to catch some goldeye or suckers up there or are they available in town at bait shops at a reasonable price?

We have better suckers and far cheaper suckers here stateside, so bring sucker or fresh frozen Creek Chubs as a back-up..fresher the better. Once up there check in with Stu at "Cats on the Red" and he can help direct you to find the other bait you need.

Goldeye can be easy some days, and they can be very tough on other days. Some days it's work to get sufficient bait and the time it takes to do it takes valuable time away from catch'n sumo's. So..plan ahead on the bait as best you can.

So I recommend to bring the back-up suckers and shoot for finding fresh fall run Lake Winnipeg Tullibies up North..they are the key bait in September and October on the lower Red River of the North.