Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tracker x-2

Hearing enhancment aids

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering what every ones opinion is or if anyone has any first hand experince with one of the tools. I did a little looking and was a little suprised $$$$

i've heard that the cheaper ones do not suppress the noise in time and your hearing is at risk. I looked into getting some protection, I could care less for enhancement, but just for protecting my ears. You can go to a "ear doctor" and get custom made ones for your ears, I've been quoted up to $500 a pair. so I opted to the cheaper ear plugs that the military uses $20/pair...

I bought one of the cheap imatations last year it worked to some degree but once they started drying the corn in the dryers all I could hear was the constant wine of the dryers that will drive you nuts after about five minutes

I have a digital walkers game ear. Used it for the first time this spring turkey hunting. Also have used it for the early goose season. It is amazing IMO of the things you can hear. I sure heard a lot of crickets that I couldn't hear without it. Also, the geese that were a mile away sounded like they were right on top of me. Pretty cool device and a good way to protect the ears.

I have the cheap model and in the real windy days the wind noise drives you crazy!

Bow hunting with no wind they work great. You'll be surprised how many mice there are running around the woods! laugh

Quote from BLACKJACK: How about when you shoot a gun wearing one of those things, does it muffle out the gunshot?

WHAT?

I think he means does the enhancment make it so loud it blows your ear drum or if it muffles the loud bang.