• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This years ice fishing wish list

Scott K

Everything frown. I have a pole and some gear and that's it. I'm hoping now that I am living in house with a garage to pick up a portable that will fit in my car's trunk. Any suggestions? I've heard they are out there.

Good fishing company wouldn't be too bad either, I'm moving to the other end of the metro and don't know the lakes too well up there. All I have fished is Eagle in Maple Grove.

MNGirl...Frabill has a new Hub Style pop up tent called the "Frontier" that is 8" by 8" by 43" long folder in it's case, and 60" by 60" by 67" tall all set up...weight is 18 lbs and will run $179.00.

Add a small Otter sled, a Little Buddy Mr. Heater, a folding camp chair, a rubber car mat to put you feet on, all that will fit in the trunk with your rod and tackle and a pail to toss them keepers in, and your light and mobile.

I bought a Frabill Recon DLX last year and it fit's in the trunk of my Jetta pretty snugly. I had to take the bench seat off of it and replace it with a 5 gallon bucket, but really I would have had one of them with me anyway for my flasher/tip-ups.

It's a great little flip-up, the only problem is that it doesn't have a door, so you have to flip it up to get in or out which isn't such a bad thing. The best part is that it's about as mobile as you can get while still being in a shelter. It weighs about under 50lbs so getting it in or out is pretty easy.

For <$200 new FF, it was a great buy.

Anyone know when stores start carrying ice gear?

I need more must have glow red chubby darters to go with the other ones that I never use. haha.

Seriously, I need a new Lantern for the portable and maybe another rod.

Nope...what you will need is a few of the NEW Holographic Chubbys...and than decide if ya use them or not. wink

Everything frown. I have a pole and some gear and that's it. I'm hoping now that I am living in house with a garage to pick up a portable that will fit in my car's trunk. Any suggestions? I've heard they are out there.

Good fishing company wouldn't be too bad either, I'm moving to the other end of the metro and don't know the lakes too well up there. All I have fished is Eagle in Maple Grove.

look in to the hub style portables. I have an Eskimo quick fish 3. it will fit in to your trunk just fine. It fits two people comfortably plus all your gear. it folds up and slides in to a bag. just pick up a sled at FF and a 5 gallon pail and you are set.

I am pretty happy with the stuff I have an Arctic Armour or similar suit would be a nice addition. Cold weather,solid ice and no flooding or slush would be nice also. My camper rig hasen't been out the last two years because of the slush...less hassels useing the snowmobile and portable.

i finally convinced my fiance ice fishing is awesome. so i guess a new croix spring bobber rod for her and a new tica reel to go on it. and some nice warm clothes and boots for her. any opinions on arctic armor versus ice armor xtreme. i have the ice armor extreme but have heard good things about the arctic armor. who has used both and what would they recommend for a cold baby fiance.