• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My lab can't P O O P - ate sticks or something

luckyworm

I was up at the cabin this weekend and I believe my 2 year old black lab ate some sticks or chunks of wood. Since Sunday evening he has not been able to P O O P. Every few hours he will run around squatting and will not P O O P.

I am guessing that he ate some sticks or wood because he always chews up sticks at home.

Does anyone have any advice? How long should I wait before taking him to the vet?

Thanks!

Had the very same problem with a cocker years ago. She had voracious appetite. Swallowed a chunk of a corn cob about 2" She could not pass it nor would it break down. Ended up having surgery remove the blockage. The surgery was five times more than I paid for the dog.

I went home on my lunch break and found 2 runny piles on the ground. I didn't find any sticks or anything it. Afterwards I called the vet and they said that sticks typically break up pretty easy. They also asked me if he has been vommitting and I said no. They suggested I take him in tomorrow if he continues straining trying to go to the bathroom. I will keep an eye on him after work today to see if the problem persists.

Thanks for everyones help...I appreciate it.