Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuckwagon

bass tracker owners?

7 posts in this topic

I have been looking into buying a new boat and I see a lot guys with bass trackers. They seem pretty well priced and have good options .... is the aluminum part a big set back? How do they ride and handle compared to a fiberglass bass boat?

Fiberglass is going to give you a smoother and drier ride than aluminum, if you're in wavy or choppy conditions. If you're on calm water then there's not much of a difference.

Tracker has a reputation for undersizing the motors they put on their boats, which holds the price down. They also have a reputation for not being the best in fit and finish. That's just a heads-up ..... couple things for you to watch for or at least to be aware of while you're looking at boats.

Tracker has a rep for poor customer service on warranty issues and under powering thier boats to make the price more attractive.

Ok thanks guys I will keep that in mind! Anyone have any up sides to the tracker models?

My old man has a bass tracker fiberglass boat (new ones are Nitros I believe), I will never own one. They go cheap on everything from the electrical wiring to using too long of screws in the compartments (they have the screws all over the inside of the rod box etc).

Also, they are not a dry or smooth riding boat or even manuverable compared to a comparable Champion or Ranger. Theyre better than not having a boat, but they are priced low for a reason, IMO.

Ditto...sold a Tracker after two seasons of disgust and poor warranty work. Check tracker on search engines and you'll find what you are looking for.

Alrighty ... thanks guys I am glad i checked into it a bit on the web site I guess you get what you pay for! i will keep looking in other places than the trackers ...