Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LPCrowRiverFisherman

Silver Redhorse on the Fly

9 posts in this topic

3898739168_39270202e9_b.jpg

Big School, glare does not help to show how many fish are in the school.

3897965879_404a12af25_b.jpg

When you lose your fly and you have worms and an extra pole you catch more, except I didn't have a regular hook, they were really hungry, they still ate the worm that was on the lure.

3897968593_4afd8274a4_b.jpg

Just make sure it drops in front of one, and it should take it. That day the only color they would take was pink. I also tryed black and yellow and got nothing.

Those are Golden Redhorse, just a little off in color. Congrats on getting one on the fly!

are you sure it's not just the lighting, I am pretty sure they were silvers. In the sun they didn't look golden at all.

sweet dude! thats my next goal is to get redhorse on the fly. i could have had one when i was fishing on the ottertail, but i decided to just use my UL.

and i think mudcatman may be right... not sure.

again, nice fish!

are you sure it's not just the lighting, I am pretty sure they were silvers. In the sun they didn't look golden at all.

Mudcatboy Knows his stuff!

At first glance I thought Golden. Mud has seen thousands of redhorse and has caught a black redhorse which is pretty impressive in MN. After seeing hundreds you get to know the look even if they are off a little. The coloring has little effectiveness in IDing a fish. The cover they are on and water they are in effects the color. The dorsal fin was a giveaway on your fish concave not convex.