• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

custom cottage fish houses

team wild

The quality is top notch, its one of the best builded houses that I have looked at. They are very light weight. They are every well thought out in every detail. With that the price matches what you would pay for a quality house. I thought long and hard about making their fish house my next house. I weight the pros&cons about buying theirs and decided to build one last time myself. They are using 12v.camper jacks to raise and lower the house to the ice. It works very well, makes for a nice small wheel box inside.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that these cottages are being manufactured right here in my home town!.

I passed by their shop today, and decided to stop in and take a peek.

Eric and the crew were hard at it, building their houses. He took a short break and showed me around.

Wow, these are some well built and well thought out houses!

It was pretty cool to actually see a couple in process builds to understand better how well they are built.

Anyone in the drop-down house market owes it to themselves to (at the very least) check them out. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

What is also cool is that they are totally customizable, and they will even build up a frame for the do-it-yourself er.

These Custom Cottages look like the real deal. My only complait would be cosmetic. I'm now crazy about the looks of the roof on that thing, specifically how it ties into the V in the front. It looks effective, but not very pleasing to my eyes. Other than that, a really nice house!

I just checked them out....and was really pleased with what I saw. Craftmanship inside and outside, what can I say they pay attendtion to detail. The Aluminum frame and welds are spoton. The wiring inside is setup for easy access. Spray foam inside and under is key...aluminum is the only way i would go after looking at competitors. Wheel assembly is designed for maintenance and easy part or whole replacement. The wheel assembly is unique, as I have not seen one like this. Diamond plate all the way around. .050 aluminum...not a wave in the sides like i have seen with other aluminum smooth sided wheelhouses. I actually like the rubber roof, if you have ever seen and RV roof go bad...they are not as thick as this one or as durable....All in all the positive blow away what I could find as negative. One thing you would never have to worry about is rust....the wheel assembly is also powder coated...and you really cant beat the weight...(makes the wife feel better that these are probably 30-40% lighter than some of the competitors while being out on the ice)

Negative thing..if you have to change a tire it is interesting with the leaf spring and the wheel box, not difficult, but not as easy as jacking and pulling lug nuts.. ..the electric jacks are better than cranking but i would like to see it operate up at LOW in -34 before I sink the price they are charging. Price would also think that LED Lights would be used inside and out but that is not the case, but maybe an option.

Would defintely like to try one out before buying or be interested in talking to someone who has one...I am going to check out one more Aluminum wheelhouse builder up north before sinking the $$$

BUMP! BUMP!

hibanks1...what did you end up doing?

i'd like some more info on these myself...debating on getting one of these or an ice castle, or maybe building my own.

electric crank scares me too....anyone use these bad boys in the super cold??

whats the other company that uses aluminum?

Looked at a couple of units in Jordan, they were parked for sale off of 169 in a used car dealer. They looked kind of rough??? Where the sheet siding meets the other sheet, they seam them with a strip of aluminum by taping or gluing it, it was coming loose. The other house had a big hole where the heater vent would be, but the hole was just open???

They were brand new units, not sure what was up with them.

BUMP! BUMP!

hibanks1...what did you end up doing?

i'd like some more info on these myself...debating on getting one of these or an ice castle, or maybe building my own.

electric crank scares me too....anyone use these bad boys in the super cold??

whats the other company that uses aluminum?

other company with alum studs is ultra shack. My dad and i both own one. VERY well built. axel design great, screws do not sweat on inside. light. good craftsmanship. Built in Ramsey mn Franks RV. Frank is a great guy as well.

I ended up not buying one....just couldn't justify the price for maybe three months of fishing.. I did check out solderblooms up in cromwell and was looking at thier houses, but he never called me back or was interested in placing an order....Went and checked out the fish housetore and there craftmanship on the wheels is better than any i have seen but i wasn't impressed with the shell....also checked out the lodge and it looked like a crinkled up aluminum can....and from sitting on the lot they were rusting...i am going to wait until i see one that really nails it all around...