Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stringerless!

Opinions on the 2 hour before shooting time decoy rule.

11 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on the reason for this ? Who pushed for it ? I liked the fact that after throwing dekes you did not have to wait long to shoot. I have not had trouble throwing out 80 at times in a WMA {no motors}and still had time for a cup of coffee and a cig. I guess I better set the alarm for 1:00 instead of 2:00 and get another thermos !!

I have always thought the 1 hour rule was dumb.

2 hours is better, but why have a law about it to begin with.

I love the rule. Yes I usually have plenty of time with the one hour rule but Im a stickler when it comes to decoy placement and more time is welcomed. Im not sure who pushed it but im interested to find out. I feel its a positive change and thank them for their effort.

Maybe I can get a 200 decoy diver spread on the water this year with 2 hours.

Good thinking RumRiveRat if I double my dekes {buy another 150} I will have the same amount of time to wait as before the rule change. Things are looking up !Deke shopping !

I hunt a lot of puddles and potholes so the 1 or 2 hour rule doesn't make much difference for that style of hunting. I think 2 hours is a good idea for big water situations. It's nice to see MN make a change that will actually help the hunters! Just think of all the time we will save by not having to case our guns! smirk

good thing as some of my hunting partners are always late now They will not care at all and still late grin yep just beable to set more deeks and that means more to pick up at the end of the day man I love waterfowl hunting

Good thinking RumRiveRat if I double my dekes {buy another 150} I will have the same amount of time to wait as before the rule change. Things are looking up !Deke shopping !

lol

Great solution.

What I like about it is. When I'm on my public spot and someone comes up to hunt my spot after I flash them with my headlight it gives that hunter more time to find a spot a ways away from us and not set up right on top of us!

Love the new law!

About the only thing the new law will do, is get a few more decoy spreads run over,through, chopped up, and floating loose. Those places that had no decoys last year at 5 Am, with the boat pulled in, will now have the dekes out earlier and the boat pulled in.

Don't yell at anyone but yourself when that boat comes tearing around the bog and you're not quick enough on the light.

Most of the time I won't start setting until it starts to get a "little light" out anyway. Alot of times it's too hard to get things right(distances, lanes, wind factors... .), in the pitchblack anyway.

I'll still have my "stake claimed" before you on public land, and continue to set at the same time as always.