• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

portable gas grill

eyemaster

The new coleman propane grill/stoves are good and I have also upgraded the old coleman stoves with a propane adapter that works real nice and gets rid of lugging the white gas around.

73638.JPG

If you are looking for a grill only then I would just go with one of the cheap small rectangle propane grills that can be found fairly cheep at any one of the larger stores.

2420342419_c64c7c8bf5.jpg

We have a Coleman "Road Trip". Around $150 if I remember right. Folds down to about a foot tall, so it's nice hauling in PU, even if you pull a 5th wheel. If you tee off your camper gas line, no need for the 1 lb cans or an xtra 20 lb. Quality wise, cast iron grilling surface and round burners(2). Not alot of "lid room", so if you like making stuff over 4 inches tall, it won't work good for you.

My vote goes to the Weber Q or Weber baby Q. I think if we would have had our Weber Q before we had our big Weber, we wouldn't have gotten our big one. We brought our Weber Q camping and it worked great. Even used it to make bacon in the am.

+1

We have a table top weber like the one in the picture above. Not just for grilling. Cover the grill grate with foil about four inches in on each end, and you can boil pots of water or cook soup or chili on it. There are flat cast iron grill plates available that fit perfect on it. Fry bacon, eggs, make pancakes. Works great.

We just got a portable Weber table top, cost about 140.00 and shaped something like a football, they had a bigger one but that seemed very heavy, really like the one we have, has a drip pan underneath, comes with a couple of aluminum pans you put in the pan and then clean that' used the small green cylinders,my only question is when your cooking and grease drips down as all cookers would do, when the grease falls on the burners does it or will it eventually clog them up?

I picked up one of the cheap table top ones at Menards a few years ago, it's performed well. We only use it a few times a year camping or when I run out of propane while grilling with the main grill at home.

When I say cheap I mean cheap, it was only $16 bucks during a fall sale. For occasional use, it's been money well spent. It's lasted longer than I thought it would, and when it finally bites it, I'll probably just pick up another cheapie.

Picked up a Weber Q 100 last week for a good deal. Have only used it once so far. Impressed so far. Thing is well built SS burners and a very even heat. This will also be my most used home grill since it is usually just the wife and I.