Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzbunni

No extra spools w/ new shimano reel

6 posts in this topic

Hope yer all having (had) a great Labor day weekend.

Just purchased a couple new shimano spinning reels at Cabela's.....got home and found out they apparently no longer include extra spools in with reel purchase.

No good. I like the extra spool option.

So, where do you purchase new spools for 2009 shimano reels? Been looking online and can't seem to find anyone that sells the 2009 reel specific spools.

Pain.

Thanks.

what kind of reel from shimano? I bought a sahara 4000 it too did not have a spare spool. I called shimano and raised cane about it they sent me two at no charge. They stopped including the extra spool just recently. It stinks.

I think they only offer new spools on the Saros on up now.. It was to save costs so they didnt have to raise the cost of the reels too much. I think you can order new spools directly from shimano.. Contact customer service.

ive been very unhappy with shimano this year, they dont have the extra spool anymore and the sizes they came out with this year are either too big or too small.

needless to say i will be looking at other brands in the next couple years, even tho the reels I did buy i am happy with

I have the Sonora 4000 and it's a great reel, very smooth. But yeah the lack of a spare spool really gets me down.

The last time I was at Cabela's, their bargain cave had a bucket full of assorted spools. I found a couple that I needed at a couple of bucks apiece.