• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holiday Weekends Suck

MIke A

So, remembering back to Memorial Day weekend, fishing was horrible for me. I couldn't do anything to catch a fish, no matter what presentation, what bait, where I was, etc... Then on my way back from the lake, my driver's side hub goes out about 5 miles from home and I spend Memorial Day fixing that. Fast forward to labor day weekend. Again, I was having one hell of a time getting fish, varying presentations, baits and the whole gammet. Then as I pull home last night, my passanger side trailer tire blows. Atleast it is just the tire and not the hub again, but still frustrating. I do have some fish to cook for the kids today thank goodness, but Holiday weekends just don't seem to agree with me. Just needed to vent a little bit.

I'm in the same boat with you. I only seem to have problems on holiday weekends. Memorial weekend 2 years ago I was driving home from cass lake...get all the way down to minneapolis and I blow a tire on the trailer. Doesn't seem like a big deal until I find out the tire iron in my truck doesn't fit the lug nuts on the trailer. Call my buddy to bring some tools. Get the tire fixed, you'd think everything is ok. NOPE! The alternator on my truck decides to die on me. So my buddy has to drive home to get his truck, drives back and we tow the boat first. Come back and tow my truck...drive through a construction zone (down to 1 lane) and the tow strap breaks. Not so bad for me as it is for the million cars behind me. And yes, the fishing sucked that weekend. I had actually left a day early because of the fishing, which was a good thing because if my alternator died up there I'd really have been screwed. eek Overall the whole ordeal took about 6 hours.

Mmmmm, trolling on a September full moon on a clear sky with zero wind. Walleyes were very willing. Fantastic weekend weather wise.

But I had my 1 year old Minnkota PowerDrive AP die on me, so that was my one bit of frustration. I was a little upset because it's one year and 3 weeks old. Thought Minnkota's had a one year warranty, but was pleasantly surprised to find out it's two years. So I get it fixed for free and hopefully be back out in two weeks with it.

Wow sounds like you guys had some neat "adventures" nothing wrong with that. At least ya got on the lake, I split wood! Its ok not a fan of going out during holiday weekends, always good to get work done, let people close up their cabins for winter over labor weekend then hit the water a few weeks later.