• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BOAR SCORES!!!!!!!!

Boar

My last topic was about havin a freind let me hunt his site an how to go about starting to hunt it with no prior stand or shooting lanes. Well on friday, I went in to set up a stand an the only place to do so was on a big aspen over looking an old bushwaked trail, that was used to bait. I set my stand up only six feet of the ground cause any higher I would be silloeted like a big blob on a tree, this hieght allowed me to blend in with the forest brush. So after setting up my stand I baited an sprayed the area with bear scent logan berry formula, very sweet smelling stuff, an left. Saturday came an found me baiting in the late afternoon after discussing the terms of what to do with you guys, it had'nt been hit so I backed off. this mourning found me at the bait site about ten oclck an it had been hit but not finished so I just sprayed the area again with the same scent an baited a littel more an came home. I decided that I cant shoot a bear from the couch an went hunting, I entered the bait site about an sprayed the area again about five thirty an climbed into stand. Six bells rolled around an out popped a 2nd year cub an gobbled up some goodies an left in about five minuest. Hmmmmm. this is a good sign. Mean while I was texting my son who has asperergers syndrom, he was at a church youth gathering an without me there he was very uncomfortable, so I was texting back an forth to give him encouragement to stay an he did so. About 7:30 I textd him to see how it was going..........I did'nt get to send cause all of a sudden it was like king kong was coming through the brush, sapplings were cracking an swaying an this guys snorting an puffing an stopped ten feet from my stand, TEN FREAKING FEET mind you. remember my stand was only six feet off the ground. I was about to explode, my heartt was as big as foot ball an jack hammering so bad I thought he"d here it. Holy Sh it. He was behinf some brush an was looking back an forth up an down the trail an a few times i saw his right eye meet mine an I thought i was busted, he started to turn to his left an looked about to back out an SKABLAMMO. Dead bear. Oh yea he came down wind of me I have to thank primos silver xp for that one. I did not get it scaled but I know it's about the same or bbigger than my biggest which is 325lb, his head is biggetr than a five gallon bucket lid. I got a guy to come an help me load it into my suburban an we could not do it. I'm 6'2 an an aint no slouch. He went an got his loader tracktor so we could get into my suburban. It aint as big as hooksets but it's big bear. Nose to tail almost 6 feet. Anyway that was the most exciting hunt I could ever imagine, just awsome!I will get pictures posted, they are not the best but they'll do. Later boar.

thanks guys, working real hard to post pictures, that whole photo bucket thing su cks, so I'll try to send them to superbee he did't it last time. Yea gissert, I'm still trying to get him on the ice, he's gotten soft over the years, he likes to sit on a bench an make red mist at long distances, which is cool cause I'wish i was as accurate as he is. Someday, but till then I'll take his bear. Boar

Way to go Boar!!!!

Thanks for calling & sharing the hunt w/me on it too. (However, I hope your voice someday returns to its usual lower tone).

You keep taking them big boys and I'll keep you ballistically supported until my turn comes around... With that said, yes I dig shooting at a distance, but under those conditions I am not sure I would have made a 10' shot & maintained control of my bowels at the sametime..

Again, Great job Bro!!

Nodak