Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simpzenith

Keeping Drinks From Freezing

12 posts in this topic

In the process of preparing for the upcoming archery season I began reflecting on last season. One thing I remember was the fact that my drinks would freeze quickly when hunting in sub-freezing temperatures. I'm originally from S.C. so this was never a problem. Does anyone know of any simple tips that could help. I like to carry cold or room temperature drinks such as water or tea. Thanks, Shane.

I keep my bottle of water inside my heater body suit. If you hunt cold weather a lot look into them. Nothing else has helped me kill more deer than that suit.

I think I'll skip on the Everclear. Maybe a beer after the hunt. Maybe I'll try a thermos. Hand warmers are a good idea but I'd hate to use one everyday. Will a thermos work for 3-4 hours with temps in the teens?

Will a thermos work for 3-4 hours with temps in the teens?

It should if you buy a good, name brand thermos. Think about filling it with hot liquids, and pre-warm the inside with hot water. Don't forget to empty it out when you're done because eventually it WILL freeze and possibly break your thermos.

kill your deer by november 1st that way you can stay inside when it gets cold out.
I plan on killing my first deer before October but I plan to use bonus tags the remainder of the season.