• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite goose recipes

If you like the crockpot option try this.

Make up some beef broth, cubed breast, course chopped onion (don't skimp), mushrooms, celery, garlic, carrots, salt and pepper. Simmer for a couple hours.

When you serve it, add shredded swiss or mozzarella cheese.

Put a layer of cream of mushroom soup in the bottom of a crock pot then a layer of browned goose breast, a layer of bacon and onion, and then some more cream of mushroom soup. Repeat until you are out of goose breast. Put crock on low and let cook for most of the day or until the breast is falling apart. Serve with mashed potatoes and beer. The soup makes a great gravy for the potatoes. Enjoy!

1 of the best ways i have had involves the following....goose, sliced water chestnuts, jalpenos, bacon, and terriaky (sp) suasce....cut the breasts into bite size pieces, the put a peno on one side, a waterchestnut on both sides, wrap in bacon, stick it with a toothpick, soak in the sausce (over night is best) then grill and eat....im hungry already

#2 Make the the meat into Fijatas

#1 Breast out the birds. Wrap 1 breast into tin foil. Inside add onions, mushrooms, green peppers, salt, pepper, and bacon. Also you can wrap them in Salsa and I will have a little kick!! Cook until medium rare put NEVER more then medium!!! mmmnn

Take your breast and cut them into strips then take equal parts of Soy sauce and olive oil and add 2 tblspns chopped garlic, 1 small chopped onion and 1 tblspn Cajun seasoning - I like tony Chaucere - and mix all together. Put your strips and marinade in a ziplock bag and put in the frige overnight. Put them on the smoker for about 1 - 1.5 hours, enjoy with a six pack of beer and your in heaven.

Place a whole goose in a roasting pan with potatoes, onions, celery and beef broth. Roast in oven for 3 hours at 325 degrees.

Take out of oven, throw the goose in the garbage and feed the vegatables to your dogs.

J/K LOL

The best way I've had are similar recipes to some of the above.

Marinated then grilled with bacon.

I love my venison at 120-125 degrees, but still have a hard time with the thought of a medium rare goose breast. Must be the years of cooking chicken and turkey thoroughly.........

1 of the best ways i have had involves the following....goose, sliced water chestnuts, jalpenos, bacon, and terriaky (sp) suasce....cut the breasts into bite size pieces, the put a peno on one side, a waterchestnut on both sides, wrap in bacon, stick it with a toothpick, soak in the sausce (over night is best) then grill and eat....im hungry already

Now that sounds good!

Early season goose only!! The migrating ones are tough as nails.

Cut goose breast in 1/4's, don't throw the hind 1/4's they are the best!!

Use glass cookware, add about 3/4 " water, add a bunch of lowry's and pepper to the water and stir it in.

Add the goose parts, cook covered for 2 hours @ 350. Turn down to 250 for a 1/2 hour and gooble it up!!

Its moist, tender and tasty!!

tequila lime goose fajitas

1/2 cup lime juice

1/2 cup olive oil

1 medium sized bulb of garlic cloves, chopped

handful of chopped green peppers.

4 tbl tequila

4 tbl cumin

2 tbl salt

2 tbl pepper

2 tbl Mexican oregano

1 tsp cayenne pepper

marinate 2 boneless goose breasts in that concoction for 4-6 hours, mixing or flipping occasionally.

grill it like you would a steak. don't over do it. slice it against the grain. roll it up in a tortilla with sauteed bell peppers and onions. add cheese, gauc, sour cream, etc.

you guys that turn your geese into jerky are missing out. if you treat it like a steak rather than chicken you will be rewarded. Just throw one on the grill sometime and find out.