• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

7 hours ago, Abndoc said:

Archerysniper...How was your trip??  My son and I leave in 12 days for Montana.

It was good,We were on a big herd our whole trip just couldn't get things done. My friend did take a cow and we each got whitetails. So we brought plenty of meat home. Bulls were still grouped up and not much for bugles except the first hour or two. I did have a bull at 12 yards but couldn't get a good shot so I let down. 

29 minutes ago, Archerysniper said:

She was sneeky,that is only the second time in 26 years that I have not found my deer within a couple hours of the shot. 

My first ever Bow kill was a small Buck and ended up just about like your hunt. I knew that I hit him good and waited about an hour.  As I tracked him I came to a 4 way trail intersection in some swamp grass and buck brush. There was blood going up each trail. I followed them until they stopped and then back tracked to the intersection. I just started doing circles from the 4 way out and back and on the last side trail I looked down and under a thick brush pile and he had crawled inside of it. He had pulled the arrow out which was laying next to him which probably helped bleed him out. I was a pretty happy boy knowing that I didn't lose my first Bow kill. ?

Edited by leech~~

I thought this was a free country?  The heart shot pic is a little graphic but it is what it is.  A great, humane shot.  People shoot things to make them dead, then eat them.  It’s life.

Thought I’d add: We’re having backstrap for dinner tonight.  Looking forward to it.

Edited by Wanderer

I think you need to look at the context the photo was shown.  Given this is a hunting/fishing related website I think users know and understand the context and it greatly reduces the impact of a photo like that heart/knife image.  Now post that same image on a site where the focus is something like womens fashion or something equally unrelated then I'd say it was shocking or inappropriate.  I think Google should look at the context when making such determinations but it doesn't seem their policy is flexible enough to do that.  I wonder if a similar photo shown on a cooking site that is talking about how to prepare heart for dinner would be looked at the same way.  

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Heart with bloody knife was a little over the top, seems to me.   Perhaps trying for shock value?  Got it too.  

I think Archerysniper was trying to show a perfect arrow shot taking out the heart. Most that Bow hunt would see that. Most non-hunters wouldn't see that the animal went down fast and didn't suffer long. Very human shot.