• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Lets see your archery harvest photos here. Please try to clean up the pictures of blood, keep the tongue in the mouth and don't show the gutted side of the animal. No beer or cig included in the photo's please. If one side of the animal is ripped up or has a gaping hole, try to use the other side for a nicer quality photo.

Got this doe in WI Saturday morning. Had to wait all the way until 7:04am. She was 10 yards broadside & looked up right at me while I was already at full draw. She wasn't sure what I was, so I gradually leaned out a bit from behind the tree trunk to get a clean view of her vitals. Blew right through her with a double lunger & she still went about 200 yards. Max time from shot to pile up 10 seconds.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...9_2271626_n.jpg

That was the side I hit her on & the entrance was high in the rib cage. She had bloated some already from her stomach full of alfalfa & I couldn't get her to roll over very well. The skeeters were so bad when we were taking pics & gutting we didn't waste any time.

This is gross, but you guys can probably appreciate the humor in it. She was bloating so hard from that alfalfa I couldn't cut her hide without getting the stomach no matter how I tried. Lets just say it basically popped in my face. That was nasty. We're 200 yards back in the woods with no water with, oh well grin & wear it. Lets just say as soon as I got to a hose I made good use of it on both myself & the deer...

This is gross, but you guys can probably appreciate the humor in it. She was bloating so hard from that alfalfa I couldn't cut her hide without getting the stomach no matter how I tried. Lets just say it basically popped in my face. That was nasty. We're 200 yards back in the woods with no water with, oh well grin & wear it. Lets just say as soon as I got to a hose I made good use of it on both myself & the deer...

I know the feeling, the same thing happened to me last year.

Next time when gutting one like that, gut them with their back end as much up hill as you can. This will let the guts hang as much forward in the cavity as they can. You should be able to at least get started w/out hitting the stomach. Has worked for me many times. GOOD LUCK

Got this doe in WI Saturday morning. Had to wait all the way until 7:04am. She was 10 yards broadside & looked up right at me while I was already at full draw. She wasn't sure what I was, so I gradually leaned out a bit from behind the tree trunk to get a clean view of her vitals. Blew right through her with a double lunger & she still went about 200 yards. Max time from shot to pile up 10 seconds.

8435_1116531957971_1367139406_30292539_2

I posted this in the Deer forum too.

Nothing fancy, but it was a good opening day public-land hunt in Wisconsin for me. Too bad I had the camera in the wrong setting for every single photo and they all came out a little blurry.

Photos were of the buck at 55 yards eating grass and drinking in the river for a good ten minutes. I grunted three times since he was already meandering away and I had nothing to lose, he came back across to see who I was and I took him at 10 yards. The drag out was horrible, 80F, mosquitoes everywhere, and I was by myself a long way from the car.

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg