Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Quack

6 posts in this topic

Roundup (or other Glyphosate based herbicides), but they will also kill whatever other plants they touch like the rest of the grass, flowers, shrubs, sometimes trees. Keep it off anything you do not want killed. Quack is a tough one, but it usually grows in pretty dense patches so you will need to touch up anyway, and you can get most of the quack, and maybe all of it, without touching more than a little surrounding regular sod, if you are careful in applying it.

The round up would work ok but I have alot of quack. I thought maybe there was a selective herbicide that would take the quack only.

I will mre than likely spray my front yard with Roundup, then till it and spray it again and reseed.

It seems to be a great year of for quack. Figures it would take over when I have the crab and charlie under control.

Certainty by Monsanto, go a page or two back, it was discussed with no real definitive answer.

i put a 1/2" foam brush on a stick, and had a empty "i cant believe its not butter" full of roundup and went around and dabbed the quack grass. i have brown dead quack grass spots all over now and am goign to pull them and re-seed the spots this week.