• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early Goose Reports

Out in South dakota our group got 18 honkers between 5 of us. Also had another one that got up out of the pile of dead ones and flew away. Couldnt shoot it because it was flying low and the dog was jumping in the air trying to grab it.

Jaspernuts, good job on the smell dump over the side of the boat.

Got on a winter wheat field and had a good shoot. five guys both days and we limited out both days. Geese started flying at 6:30 opening morning and we limited by 7:30. Geese started flying at 6:40 today and we limited by 7:45. It cant get any easier than that. On saturday we had a hundred geese circling our spread at once. We let a few land and opened up on a flock of 20-30 birds that commited and we dropped seven. That was cool.

Opening morning only saw 2 flocks on the SE of Monti. Barely any shooting, and highest bird count we could find was 8. No birds for us on a 110 acre wheat field on Pelican Lake frown

Today saw lots of birds but none would pay any attention. We figured they were being busted out of the skies as soon as they left roost. And again no birds!:(

New area tomorrow so hopefully we will get lucky

Good luck and be safe

15 for 3 guys this morning.

Hunted an Oat field.

We had a Triple Triple this morning. Took 9 birds with 9 shots.

3.5" BB Black Cloud works!

I got the call at 4am this morning wanting to know if I wanted to hunt, it is nice to have made friends with lots of hunters.

I figured I would not be hunting this morning.

went back home south of mankato for the weekend. Saturday saw around 30 birds. A few got close pulled two down. Sunday I took my daughter out she is 4, she wanted to leave after a half hour but I dont care. It was worth it to see my little girl decked out in camo. The birds we saw on sunday were flying high and were already gun and call shy.

RRR, A triple triple?

Do you mean that 3 guys each tripled with one flock? If so that is impressive!

Correct, took 9 out of a flock of 13.

A lot of luck was involved.

The geese were finishing inside 10 yards.

The geese were almost on the ground when we opened up.

It was in your face shooting this morning.