• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some help with this one guys.

Boar

The bear that has been hitting my bait regularly, I bumped Mon. morning an has not been back as of today, talked to some guys in the area, an they said six bear have been taken in my area so I assume the worst, But am still working the site for the fall feeding. Now a freind let me take over one of his sites that is active. He has not baited it for 2.5 days, it boarders a corn feild, I went in to bait it today an there is scat all over, from this morning an yesterday. Here is the scene, My freind has entered the woods on an old bushwacked trail, The trail has overgrown with tall grass, I dumped a bucket of bait right on the trail just off from his origional spot with in 20 feet, Why ?cause his spot was off the trail in the brush with no shooting lanes an no stand either. So I was prone to dump it under a fallen tree on the old trail where I can see the bait. The trail is litterd with scat so he is using it an will find it. I'm gonna bait tommorow, I plan on putting up a hang on stand when i bait, I really would love to ground blind it but the tall grass is way to tall 3-4 feet. I threw about liqourice around so he would naturally walk the grass down around the site. I would love to hunt tomorrow, but would it be to soon? Any advise on this would be great.Thanks, Boar

If he hits it tonight, I would hunt tomarrow(beats watching TV all evening). odds are if it is the only bear it will come in after dark. heres what i did to get him to come in during shooting hours. I changed up my baiting a couple of nights befor i shot my bear. I short baited him so he would think some one was beating him to the bait, and to tempt him in even earlier i added a new sent to the mix(liquid Smoke)that i had not used befor. He was a slave to his desire to eat and came in during shooting light.

make him an offer he cant refuse.

good luck

Boy you guys arnt making it easy on me. On one hand, if he hits great, he wants to feed, but will the comotion of setting up a stand bother him? On the other hand, letting him get use to the set up is very logical. Sooooo......What to do, what to do... thanks guys, Boar