• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

papertesting

I've been shooting field tips for a couple months now. I thought i had my bowed tuned just right. I paper tuned it once and it worked okay. I did get clean holes. I switched to broadheads once and they shot very close so i went back to field tips. Then today i shot some broad heads and they shot terrible. I shot field tips through paper and the nock was an inch left of the tip. Now i cant get them back to center. I've moved the rest all over and i get the same thing. Any ideas?

I did find some mechanicals that shot well, but i like my cut on contact montecs. But they dont do much good shooting 6" to the right.

Yeah i was thinking about doing that. I think it was a clearance problem with my drop away rest. I flipped the arrows to cock vane down and now they are shooting about two inches to the right at 20. The bummer was that they didn't seem to be flying straight. They kind of torqued wierd out of the bow and they obviously don't recover as fast with a fixed blade broadhead as they do a field tip.

I don't think that my string streched as i have had the bow for a few years now. But i may have to look into it. Thanks for the reply.

I'm going through the exact same thing you are. Decided to paper tune since I put on a new string on early this year and had tail left maybe .75-1 inch. Adjusted the rest and it still didn't correct it. Each new position of the rest I would get a few bullet holes but then I would get a few tail left. I checked for clearance problems and found none. Only thing I can think of is bow torque? Broadheads seem to shoot ok with my field points but I can sometimes see the bad arrow flight and it just bugs me that I can't figure it out. Last year my broadheads and field points were dead on with each other. Once you figure it out please post!!!!

mike

I wish i was able to play with it more but i just moved in for my first year at college and probably wont be home till bow season starts. I think im going to leave everything and wait for a deer to come in close for now. But maybe in the future i'll find the time to get it right. I had marked my rest and sight so i know they are not moving at all. When i flipped the cock vane down they did shoot much nicer through paper. But good luck with your bow and the beginning of the season. I'll have to look into bow torque. Do you shoot right or left. I had tail left through paper and i shoot left handed.

I'm a righty so I guess that changes things. I can get decent shots out to 30yds with both broadheads and field points but since I've changed some items on my bow I just don't get the 'stacking' like I did before. I've shot an unfletched arrow just to make sure I didn't miss any contact. I might do the same as you and set things back and just make sure my broadheads are dialed in. My furthest shot is just shy of 30yds so no long ones for me. If I figure something out I'll post my findings.

Good luck...

Sometimes if the normal adjustments aren't working for paper tuning you may have to look at "other" culprits.

I was having a terrible time trying to paper tune last year until I finally figured out the arm on my Muzzy Zero effect rest had moved. Once I got that set up I was throwing bullet holes again.

I think paper tuning got a little harder with these fall away rests.