• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reading the Lowrance

TrailerTrash

Where can I find a good tutorial (preferably a video) on setting up, reading and using my LX37C Lowrance? The unit works just fine, but I would like to be able to fine tune it better. The manual just doesn't seem to do the trick for my learning style. I learn better watching and doing than reading and doing it wrong...

JB

Doc Bruce Samson really knows what he is talking about when it comes to Lowrance.

[Please read forum policy before posting again. Thanks. Admin]

One thing to remember when you go to manual settings is that everything has a teeter totter effect on everything else. For instance If you change your sensetivity you may also need to change your color line for the best veiw. Speaking of that your color line is generally best between 72-82% depending on your other settings. Ping speed also plays an important role when trolling slowly or stopped it should be at 25% or even zero. If you start to see vertical lines showing up on your graph odds are that you need to adjust your ping speed. If your up on plane set ping to 100%.

It takes some getting used to but pretty soon you'll be able to fly through the menu in no time.

Doc Bruce Samson's "Lowrance Instructional DVD part 1", "Understanding Sonar and Interpreting the Display DVD - Part 1 - Basic", and the New "Understanding Sonar and Interpreting the Display - 2 ADVANCED" are excellent training tools for the Lowrance product line.

(These do not cover the new HD line.)

Very straight forward tutorial and not hard to fallow, he teaches you to get the most out of your unit. They sell for $30 and most major sporting electronics retailers have them. You can find them on his web site too, do a Google for Doc Samson and it should pop up.

I happen to know Doc is working up a new DVD training series for the new Lowrance HD line, so watch for that too.

I highly recommend Doc's DVD's, they are the best tools for education available today for Lowrance/Eagle sonar and GPS systems.