Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
FishingWebGuy

Archery opener weather

Just curious what kinda weather everyone is hoping for on archery opener. I don't know much about this but would think that cooler weather would get the deer moving and feeding more. I know for sitting in the stand 50-55, partly cloudy and a 5mph straight breeze sure sounds nice.

LOL. What I hope for and what I get on opener have never aligned.

Prediction: high 70s and muggy with a chance of rain.

For Western WI this weekend, your prediction seems close.

In Northern MN there should be a cold front coming through and highs around 60 with a chance of rain. Of course lows in the 40s like they have been nearly all summer. The morning hunts will be beautiful.

Doesn't look like we'll get that hard frost.

Things can change in a week and a half. As long as its not the day after a big front moves thru and you have 30 mph winds for 2 days - I'll be happy.

I'm hoping for 95 and humid for about 10 days straight after opener!!!!

I'm getting sent to the other side of the globe for work, so if I can't hunt I don't want anyone else hunting either!!! smile

i dont think i could hope for frost yet, since we have beans that need more maturing to do.As much as i love to bowhunt sitting in the stand with swarms of them little blood suckers i sometimes wish for a frost early. i did get a thermacell this year my son says they work great as others have said on here. but i will be hoping for a cool dreary opener, GOOD LUCK ALL

it will be 88 and sunny here in s.e. minn. you can bet on it hasnt been all that warm all summer but seeing as I will be sitting in the ground blind with my wife on her first bow hunt it will be hot,hot,hot...

I won't make it out, its my parents 40th anniversary, and we are having it outside, so, I'm hoping for 75, sunny, and pleasant with very little wind. Everything down here in SEMN seems to be about 2 weeks ahead of schedule, accept the crops, they seem to be about two weeks behind. Going to be an interesting fall. Leaves are already showing significant fall colors, bucks are already scraping. Have heard that from numerous reliable sources. If its not too hot, I'll get out opening week for hunting/scouting. Hopefully the nights start dropping into the low 40's upper 30's. Then I won't be sitting on the stand sweating, I hate that.

I may try to find a good skeeter patch just to try out my new thermocell. I just hope it works as good as they claim. My bowhunting spot is close to a swamp this year. I just know the little monster are going to eat me alive.