• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 DAYS TILL THE MULE DEER HUNT

otis32

I AM LIKE A LITTLE KID, I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT TO N.D. AND BOW HUNT MULE DEER!!!! BEEN PRACTICING ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT SHOTS. HAVE ALL MY CAMO READY. RANGE FINDER,BINOCS,AND EVERY OTHER LITTLE GADGET I THINK I MIGHT NEED.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? THANKS AND GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!

Otis, I've got three buddies who are leaving today and I leave on Mon morning. Your post describes how I'm feeling to a "T"!

Have you been out there before? What general area are you headed to? Do you have any experience with muleys? I'm not exactly the world's foremost expert, but I've been hunting them for about a decade or so. I've learned a lot in the past ten years of chasing them. If you've got specific questions, fire away!

Thanks DonBo and Scoot!

We r going west of bismark Mandan area about 1hr. We were out there last yr for the 1st. time. My brother has a friend that runs a horse trail riding business out there, and we r staying there again. 4 of us seen and shot at nice deer but didn't hit. We live in nw mn. and are use to trees and flat land. this year I have been practicing shooting long range and up and down hills. What is the farthest u would shoot? thanks for any info. GOOD LUCK TO U GUYS!!!

Cool- it's a whole different ball game out there, isn't it?!? I love it... 'course I live hunting whitetails from tree stands too...

Honestly, the farthest I'd shoot (or anyone else) doesn't matter one dang bit. Find the distance you can confidently shoot inside of a volleyball and don't be tempted beyond that. If that distance is 20 yards or 60 yards, it doesn't matter- just don't go further. If you do your job on the sneak and play the wind right, you should be able to get inside of 40 yards.

Good luck and have fun! I'll be posting some pics before you leave- that should really get your blood boiling.

P.S. One of my best buddies is in the hills right now- I'm sure he's got his glass to his eyes or his feet to the ground. Two other buddies left town around 5:00. I'm soooo jealous!

leech- it's no fun at all, you wouldn't enjoy it. I'd just skip it and focus on crappies at home. wink

otis, my buddy just called me. He had a slow night- only saw 27 this evening! He did only see two bucks though- a small forky and a nice 4x4. Did I mention I'm really itchin' to get out there?

Scoot, where do u guys go? Hope u guys have a great hunt!!! Kinda glad we didn't go labor day w/k end again(too hot) or does it matter?? It was 105 last yr. with 30 mile winds. GET THAT BIG ONE!!! I will let u know how we do also.

Otis, ummm... well... we go West of Bismarck a bit. wink

Yeah, my buddies have had mid-90's the past two days and it's been tough. They have managed to sneak inside of 100 yards on a nice 4x4 and a 5x5. Got busted though! My other buddy also got inside of 15 yards on a decent 4x4 today, but couldn't find a shot anywhere. Eventually, the wind swirled and he blew out of there without any chance for a shot. Bummer!

I'll have some stories and pics when I get back. Stay tuned...

Oh, and good luck to you too!!!