• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW B ..... ?

chuckwagon

My unkle just gave me a 14' lund with a 81 johnson 25 horse on it .... I have been out 5 times fishing with it. The last 2 times I have had problems keeping it running when the motor warms up. I know almost nothing about boat motors .... but it seems that the motor is getting way to hot .. lots of steam coming out of it and water is running out of the top end of the motor when running. Seeping from the cover. So today I was crossing the lake and all of a sudden the motor burped and instantly quit and the boat glided to a stop. I couldnt get it back to nuetral for abou a minute or two. After it cooled down it shifted back to N and started after a few pulls. So I putted back to the launch but the motor still died if I didnt give it enough throttle. Again I am a total new b to boat motors ...... any help would be greatly appreciated!

ahh man .... i will try and scope it out ... do you know a place i can bring it to have it looked at? a place they deal with older motors like mine? I hate walking in blind so i will try to figure out the where the leak is coming from! Thank you very much for the help boat fixer!