• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pak shack??????

roughfish29

It really depends on a lot of factors. For example if you have an ATV to drag a house out I would suggest a 2-3 man flipover. The quality difference is pretty noticable.

I just sold my flip over because I do not have an easy way to get it out. I purchased a clam command post (6'x 12') which fits my needs much better.

I agree with TiNK3R it really does depend on a lot of things. I have the one man PAK SCHACK and rarely use it. It is the cheapest shelter for a reason. I would hold out and get soemthing that is better quality. However, it does provide basic shelter and is very portable and at a low price. Myself, I now use a SCOUT for my one man outings and am very happy with it. I keep my one man PAK SCHACK to lend out to friends, or pack it on my trips were we rent a sleeper. It takes up very little room and I can be more portable from the sleeper house. Good Luck!!

I like my pakshak (1 man) a lot. i don't have a wheeler so it is ver light to carry out. I took off the original strap and sewed backpack straps to it, and then i drag a sled with my auger and tackle behind it. Wouldn't trade that set up for a scout because i can fit much more gear in my sled with pakshak on my back. If you have a wheeler or snowmachine i would definately look at some other options.

I got the 3 man pak shack for my brother and myself. Works good enough I would say if you are walkin out somewhere. Little heavy to carry, but I do like the idea of sewing on some backpack straps. Couple negatives about it though...yes it is cheap (for a reason, quality of material sucks. You can't really bank the front of the houseat all. And if it is windy out, you really have to bank it well on the backside otherwise you literally have to hold it down because there isn't that great of structure at all to it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help ya out.

i'm thinking about getting the 3-person pak shack for me and my cousin. is it worth it?

You should also look into the hub style fish shacks too. They are light for their size, cheap, and of a higher quality material. Ofcourse you will need to bring chairs or buckets to sit on. The downside of this style is you must tie it down in windy conditions.

If you are a hunter too, buy a camo blind and pull double duty by fishing in it.

More bang for your buck with that route smile