Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MARINERMAGNUM

Well,they finally got him.........

10 posts in this topic

He was down Texas way. The mythical beast known as the Chupacabra. Whew! glad that's been settled. No one got hurt-they poisoned him,and he died. He was doing what most beasts that are storied in folklore do-sneaking in and eating chickens,etc. What a horrible,hideous freak of nature this uncontrolable beast appears to have been.

Anyone else see the video?

If these "boneheads" don't know what a yote with mange looks like,I don't think they should be allowed to operate motor vehicles or use scissors. Or vote. grin

Kind of like the recent Nessie sighting on Google Earth. Have you seen this one? It’s the most obvious overhead shot of a moving boat I’ve ever seen.

I’m convinced people are getting dumber. Is that true? Or is the media so desperate for a story that they are making people look that way?

I also saw that "Nessie" picture, and immediately though "boat wake" too.

Speaking of Google Earth, and their maps in general; that recent kidnapper Philip Garrado seems to have followed the Google Streetview car for a couple of blocks when they were in his neighborhood. In streetview, you can see the van in his driveway at his house. Then, when you "drive" away from his compound and look behind you, you can see him pull out and follow the Google car. Creepy. link to article

How could they have not thought something was up with his compound? In the aerials you can see how dense the neighborhood is and how close the houses are to his backyard tents. Between the neighbors complaints, and the available data, I can't beleive the ball was dropped that often.

You're right D, I think people are just getting lazy and dumb. This day of computers and technology, people, including law enforcement (in reference to you McGurk), are expecting someone or something else to do the work for them.

if you like google street view, have you tried the Birds eye view from microsofts Bing.com search engine?

its not quiet the same as google street view but a really really close view from above and you can rotate the camera 360 degrees to see it from different angles

Believe me; I've talked to cops, and they use whatever tools they have available to them to find a guilty party. I just can't believe that in the last 18 years, he had numerous walkups to his house, a parole officer to report to, house assessors that do go inside your house and on your property on a scheduled basis, let alone that he was a known sex offender that walked the streets and went door to door with children. I'm glad she (the cop) listened to her gut when this slime knocked on her door, and followed up with it.

Would a Google map have solved the case? No, but it might have put a curious cop onto a larger overall case then someone with a couple of tents in his backyard when they looked deeper into it. You might not want to hear it, but there are cities and counties that have aerial pictures (way more detailed than Google has) at their disposal, let alone drive-by pictures of properties and backlogs of random camera footage. Big Brother-esque, I know, but these are tools that different departments use for their own needs. No, the work isn't done for them, but it's available if they need it for the work they're doing.

Just this spring I assisted the city I work for in getting a new aerial of the entire city, with a request of each pixel of the photos being 3"x3"; and this is a city that covers over 20 square miles. That will easily tell you if some one has a tent city in their backyard, which isn't legal in our fair city.

Sorry Mariner Magnum, Hijack over: I agree that it looks to be an ordinary coyote.

Maybe the chupacabras defense is to disguise itself to look like a coyote so no one thinks they got a chup. The whole world may be full of chups and no one knows. Except me and the ones I`ve told. Beware, if chup finds out you know his secret you may b next.

The whole Dugard case asks more questions than it answers.

Maybe less time spent pointing Radar guns at the general population to generate revenue would give our law enforcement more time to track the activities of the real criminals?

Maybe less time spent pointing Radar guns at the general population to generate revenue would give our law enforcement more time to track the activities of the real criminals?

With a screen anme of "Chef," you must have some great recipes for chupacabra? grin