• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have recipes using wild plums?

h8go4s

A buddy and I were a little bored the other day and got creative.

I now have a 5 gallon bucket of plum wine fermenting in the kitchen. Never tried making it before, hopefully it will be drinkable!!!

I also have 5 gallons of wild grape wine fermenting.

It's not that hard to do. Clean buckets, 2 gallons of ripe fruit, 10 lbs of sugar, a packet of WINE yeast, homemade air lock, and 30-45 days of time.

I can post the process if you are interested. No guarantees on the outcome though, have about a month to go for preliminary results smile

We also juiced some plums, added a ton of sugar along with some everclear. Not bad! But the color of the drink couldn't be gayer!!

DonBo, sounds like I'll have to try making some jam too!

Plum Bump Fill quart jar with plums that have been scored with a knife. Depending how sweet they are Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar. Then fill jar up with vodka. Let sit for three months turning every once in a while. Pour over ice and add a little seven up and enjoy. This canbe done with most friuts. Have made apple, plum,grape,rhubarb. Tried peaches nasty.

P.S. DO NOT EAT THE FRUIT!!

I never got back out in time to grab some more plums frown

The wild grape wine I made turned out awesome!! I think I could sit down and drink a whole bottle of that stuff!

The plum wine I made is a little too tart and acidic to drink much more than a sip.......I'll have try something new next year with the plums.